27 Weeks + "Lettuce" Be Grateful

I'm so excited to see baby girl next week at the
28 week appointment / start of the 3rd trimester.

HOW FAR ALONG?: 27 Weeks... I'm super ready to kiss the 2nd trimester goodbye at the end of the week! Just 13 weeks to go... at most. Baby girl, you can come any time after 37 weeks!

Cooper was 6 days early and weighed 9 pounds. If Lyla is on the same track, weight wise, she can come early, too! 

SLEEP?: I fall asleep easily, but am having anxiety and have to use the restroom a lot. Plus, everything hurts... so when I need to roll over it takes literal effort and I have to be awake for it. Still up about 5-7 times a night. 

BEST MOMENT THIS/LAST WEEK?: I am not ashamed, in fact I am pumped to share, that Eric and I see a marriage counselor (who we both love) every few weeks / months to chat, keep our marriage in a good place, etc. It was a great session, and I am excited to go back in a few weeks... but in the mean time, I am enjoying loving on my sweet husband for all he does for me, and our babies.

I had a walk through with our amazing realtor and the house is really coming along. Cabinets are in, driveway is poured and solid, paint is complete... it's almost there!

In general, I had an amazing week with our son... Cooper is such a joy, and is so sweet!

I enjoyed a parents picnic at Cooper's school.
While Dadoo golfed, Coop and I enjoyed a nice Saturday at the
Franklin Main St Festival, followed by a trip to Toys R Us, of course. 

WORST MOMENT?: A general feeling of stress and anxiety re: work + house + loan + making big decisions, etc. It's a lot to juggle, but there is an end to most of those issues in the near future... so I will look forward and be grateful.

MOVEMENT?: Oh yeah. And she's growing, so even Eric feels them more regularly now!

MISS ANYTHING?: All the usual stuff. Even more than wine, I miss feeling like a non-pregnant person. I wish I was one of those women who loved being pregnant... but I am not.
I will, however, be the best mom to Lyla and Coop -- and know that being pregnant is a blessing that not all women get to experience. It's uncomfortable, yes, but it will all be so worth it. I know I am extremely lucky. 

FOOD CRAVINGS?: Cran+7Up, Water, Smoothies, Ice Cream, Carbs. 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: When I eat a bit too much, I get really uncomfortable. Other than that, sometimes some things don't sound particularly good - but I can't remember any examples. #pregnancybrain

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: I am in full on waddle mode, my pelvis and back are in constant pain, and I will occasionally get a migraine. Also relatively new, I am getting dizzy spells where I fall over. I called the doctor and her nurse told me she would like me to eat more regularly to see if that helps, and also move more slowly and take breaks when needed. We'll see if that helps. 

LABOR SIGNS?: I am definitely having (what I hope are) Braxton Hicks contractions. They're not pleasant but it's okay. I don't really remember these with Cooper -- but I don't really remember much other that the good stuff (and the migraines).
It's funny, people warned me that I would look back with rose colored glasses, and they were right. I am pretty sure I told myself, "It's going to be so great!" and... "Maybe this one will be easier!"... Lol...

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: Nearly flat. Not quite though. 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: Still on, which is nice. I love my rings. 

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Well, I am TRYING to be happy. I am loving my friends, my Cooper snuggles and hugs (of which there have been many) and time with my husband... but my moods swing a bit because of the stress and ya know... hormones. Can't deny that. :) I feel like the end of this week has been more stable then the beginning of the week... so perhaps we're on an upswing! ;) 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Everything. Getting a close date. Eric's birthday. Mother's Day. Moving in. Seeing family. The Sprinkle + Housewarming party. Having Lyla join our family. Watching Cooper continue to thrive, and love on his little sister. Life is sure sweet. 

Comments

Popular Posts