38 Weeks

I'm enormous and I hate this picture.
HOW FAR ALONG?: 38 Weeks.  Baby boy is the size of a PUMPKIN...and man does it feel like it!

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?:  As of my doctor appointment yesterday, I am the same as last week - 28 pounds.  Stay under 30, stay under 30..... I'm dreamin', huh?

MATERNITY CLOTHES: Yes indeed.  And they're SNUG.  I'm huge.

STRETCH MARKS?: Jiggle wiggle.  Cottage cheese.  I don't mind it right now, because I know it's going bye-bye soon.  :)

SLEEP?:  My answer will likely not change for years. ;)  Not sleeping.
 
BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:   My husband and I had an AMAZING week.  We had a date - man I love those.  On Wednesday, I was surprised at work with a fabulous baby shower.  It was completely unexpected, and so lovely.  I have only been working for LBMC for about 2-ish months, and about 30 incredible ladies showed up, showered us with gifts, fed me cake and delicious punch, and gave me wonderful advice.  I had such a wonderful time.  My husband even kept it a secret and was in on it!  Sneaky sneaky.  Thursday night we went to the Titans / Cardinals preseason game, and had a lot of fun...it was a late night though and I paid for it on Friday, that's for sure.  The weekend was great - we got a lot done, went to a birthday party, and Eric had 2 softball games!  I also had my 38 week check up on Monday - and saw a new doctor, Dr. Ellington.  She was FABULOUS too (geesh I love Women's Group of Franklin) and was so sweet.  She said that Cooper is in place and ready to go...so it could be tonight, or it could be 2 weeks from now.  Who knows!! :)  She did feel his head though, which I thought was freaking awesome.  She said that I could pick a date for week 39 and induce since I'm "ready" - I won't go into gory details... I said I would like one more appointment and then if he is still not here, we can select a date in my 40th week.  She said that was fine, but didn't recommend this baby going over 40-41 weeks - he's already big enough and ready.  Oh YESSSSSSSS....come on COOPER! 

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Not that it's a big deal, but some girl who was a checker at Publix saw me sitting on a bench, waiting for Eric to check out.  She was at least 10 feet away from me, and had about 2-3 lines inbetween us.  She said extremely loudly for all to hear, "Wow, you're BIG!  When are you due?"  Everyone in line all of a sudden had their eyes on the big, fat, pregnant lady.  I replied softly and calmly that I was due in 2 weeks.  She kept going.  Fabulous.  She said, "Two weeks still, wow.  Is there just one in there?"  To which I said yes.  She kept going, asking the sex, and yadah yadah.  It was brutal, and loud, and I was mortified, and even Eric was shaking his head like...Wow, you're a moron.  Truthfully, I'm not for reals upset about it, I just can't believe some people are THAT insensitive and stupid. 

MISS ANYTHING?:   Well, I want to be a normal human being again, we know this.  But other than that, I am doing all right.  I do miss being active, and surprisingly I miss eating healthy...I suppose I could do something about that...Hmm.... ; )

MOVEMENT?: A lot this week - just jabs and pokes, but he's moving.  Perhaps he's packing his bags, getting ready to go?  (Wishful thinking, eh?)

FOOD CRAVINGS?:  Not "craving" anything perse...but I eat a lot.  Ha. 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?:  Same as last week, just the heartburn. 

LABOR SIGNS?:   Not that have me timing contrations.  Just waiting for a clear sign.    

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: I am happy, but I am uncomfortable.  I have back pain, pelvic pain, I waddle...not much has changed, it's just gotten worse.  But I am still anxious and overly excited.  My feet swelled a bunch this past week, too.  It was highly entertaining.  ;)   
Right is more swollen than left.
Shoes left the lovely imprints on my tootsies.
BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?:   Flat and hilarious.  Kinda hurts a little because it's so stretched. 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?:   On.  How?  I don't know. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?:  Meeting Cooper.  It's almost time - C'mon baby boy, it's up to you now.
Had to end with something cute.  They win.  :)
 

Comments

Amanda said…
acupuncture is supposed to be highly successful as a natural induction! :)
that's my plan for when we end up past 40 weeks. i want to avoid medical induction at all costs!
Anna said…
Just so you know - you are a beautiful pregnant woman and I have thoroughly enjoyed your weekly bump updates and I'm wishing you all the best!!! Just remember you are beautiful - no matter how big you may feel!!!
Jenny Whitaker said…
Okay, so I am hoping that the lack of Blog update this week is because Cooper is here or very seriously on his way! Praying for u!

Popular Posts