28 Weeks + Eggplant + 3rd Trimester

THIRD TRIMESTER!
My last third trimester ever.
So so so sweet.

HOW FAR ALONG?: Well hello third trimester... lovely to see you! 28 weeks, and 12 to go... which, seems like a lot. And it is... but we'll be busy so I am hoping (even though I am uncomfortable,) it will fly. And maybe she'll be a gem and come a little early. If she's ready. 

SLEEP?: I am so tired. Fall asleep super easily, but I wake up A LOT. Like a lot.

BEST MOMENT THIS/LAST WEEK?: A lot to report, actually.

1. We got our closing date, and have started to make arrangements for our last move for a LONG time. WOOHOO!
2. We got countertops, backsplash, fixtures, appliances... guys. All we need are floors, landscape, master tub, and touch-ups, and we're ready.

Sure love our little model, showing off the appliances.

A few days later... kitchen all ready!

3. Coop and I met the neighbors across the street. They're very nice, have 2 kids and 2 dogs.
4. Cooper earned his yellow belt in karate. (This really means he was polite, helped with chores, and listened... and we paid $20 for a yellow belt... but he was VERY excited.) He also had a great golf lesson with his new coach.

Congrats, Coop!

Windy golf lesson at The Little Course.

We did a few things this week for Teacher Appreciation Week...
Personalized Donuts with coffee... because we all need coffee, this picture + a letter from Coop, we contributed to the class gift and a small personal gift to Coop's teachers.
Sure appreciate these *amazing* people! 

5. We had a great weekend... especially Sunday. We went to the house to take a few measurements, went to the Grand Opening of Golf Galaxy (formerly Golfsmith) and Eric won $20, and I won $250 gift cards! (Paul, our friend, won the $500 gift card!) We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at The Perch, then we went to church which, as usual was great. Following church, we went to the zoo for a picnic and to walk around. We love it there and it was also the perfect amount of crowded... i.e. not too bad. Then we went back to GG and I bought Eric some goodies with my winnings. After that, we quickly went to a furniture store to browse couches and recliners for the new house, and headed home for dinner, family time, and BED TIME (for us all, not just Cooper). It was a great, great day. 

Zoo time.

I was looking for sectionals... they "lived" here. 

WORST MOMENT?: I mean (from what I remember), other than dizzy spells and anxiety over a few things -- I didn't really have a "bad week." Eric got food poisoning on Friday, which was a real bummer. 

MOVEMENT?: She has her active days, and her not active days - but I feel her a lot. Plus she is getting bigger... can't wait to learn how big she is on Thursday at my appointment. 

MISS ANYTHING?: Same same same. I want to sleep well (which won't happen for years, I'd assume), I want to walk normally, I want to wear cute clothes, I would love a glass of wine and a sushi date. I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember... which is another thing I miss. ;) 

FOOD CRAVINGS?: Sweets. Carbs. I wish I felt like a salad. I do have to say, with Cooper, I was VERY good. I would indulge like once a week in sweets (from what I recall). But with Lyla, I've been pretty much eating whatever I want... sometimes it's healthy (I do eat a lot of fruit and veggies), sometimes... it's ice cream and pizza. I know that I will be back to nightly salads as soon as she gets here, so for now... weeeeeeee! 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: If I eat too much, if I eat too little. Sometimes meat sounds awful. Sometimes meals sound icky and all I want are snacks. Sometimes I can't even stomach thinking about mixed greens (specifically) and salad dressing. I dunno. I'm weird.  

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: Right lower back pain in full effect. Dizzy spells. Major heartburn. General discomfort. Heart racing / chest pain. And last night, I got my first leg cramp... which are TERRIBLE. It lasted for a good 10 minutes of off and on. Yow! I stood, walked, stretched... and it just wouldn't go away until it wanted to. 

LABOR SIGNS?: Braxton makes a visit about once a night. Ha, funny. I almost typed Batman. Not the same as contractions, but is a hilarious representation of what our lives are like these days... Batman all day, erry day.

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: Still in... but WIDE. 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On. I'd guess they'll be off in 2 weeks. Swelling, heat and weight gain will make me remove them I'd bet. 

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: I am VERY happy. I do have moments, as any normal or pregnant person would have... but life is exciting and VERY good. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Eric's birthday is Friday, so we'll get to celebrate him which is awesome.
Sunday is Mother's Day so we'll do church, and then we're going to the Sounds game for Eric's birthday (but they're doing something for Mom's too).
We'll begin packing in early June, Nana and Papa said they'd help (lucky, huh?). Pop will come with the truck in mid-June (crazy super lucky, huh?). We'll close and move in. Gigi will arrive (yay!). We'll have a housewarming + sprinkle. We'll get settled. Lyla will arrive and our world will never be the same.

Comments

Popular Posts