*March 9th, Proposal*

It was 1:30 in the morning on March 9th and Eric and I were watching "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" because we can't sleep anymore. We were sipping beverages, and started chatting about the future; what we wanted and how great our lives are and will be, children, pupppies, locations, love. It was truly very romantic, and very sweet. Somehow, we started talking about engagement rings, wedding rings, etc...and he asked me how important the ring was to me. He seemed to think I wouldn't say yes to him unless he had a huge rock. I said, "Not as important as you..." thinking that would make him smile and be the end of the conversation for the time being. It wasn't. He said, "So you really want to marry me, huh?" And I was like, "Of course I do someday..." still totally oblivious. Then he got off the couch, got on one knee, held my hands, and said some really amazing personal things...and proposed. All I could say was, "Really? Is this for real? Really?" And then I knew it was for reals...and said "OF COURSE!" We grabbed each other's faces and kissed, and wiped tears of happiness off of our faces. We probably held each other, smiling, crying, and giggling for about 30 minutes before we broke out the champagne and the phones to call our families. We did NOT care that it was 3:30 in the morning!! HAHA!

Eric had been planning on proposing on June 30th. But March 9th seemed to be perfect for him, for us.

Since it was so spontaneous, I don't have a ring yet - he has some shoppin' to do...but no rush. I'm happy. Right now I am sporting a Tiffany and Co. band with his birthstone in the middle of it.

Be on the look out for details on the big day...I am going to start a wedding webpage as soon as we set a date!!! :)

I'm going to be MRS. KAITLYN (ANDERSON) KAMBESTAD!

Comments

Popular Posts