Unemployment Woes

Oh how I hate being "unemployed." I applied to like 20 positions today, and am praying for some interviews...I think I'll get some - but the unemployment rate here is astronomical, so everyone is looking for work.

Okay so, when we left Los Angeles, I had every intention of being content with songwriting, meeting people and just using the money that I have - but it's not working the way I'd hoped, and I miss being able to do "whatever we want" (within reason of course...) I shopped, got spa and hair treatments with my mom, sister and friends, went to the gym that I paid a 3 year membership for (24 Hour Fitness, which they do not have in Nashville), we went out all the time, made meals from cookbooks with the freshest, best ingredients, etc...but now, Eric and I are being responsible and feel a little more restricted financially. Also, I am having some issues with my unemployment checks getting lost in the mail...blah blah, boring. We're having fun, and still going out...and literally love every second we spend with each other, and our friends...it's just different when money isn't flowing....Get it? Anyway, it's only temporary, I know this. Eric is finally getting paid for drums, and I am job hunting and doing everything I can to network musically here. We both just REALLY really REALLY want to a) be financially secure so our "forever future" (wink wink) can start on the right foot and b) PAY OUR PARENTS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've done so much for us...We would NOT be anywhere close to here without them, and I just hope we can pay it alllllllll back and THEN SOME! That's all...Cross your fingers and toes for a WONDERFUL job...!!! Thanks ya'll.

Comments

Popular Posts