Today Is A Sad Day

First, I just have to say that I pride myself on being a positive person - most of the time. But some days just get the best of you. Today is that day for me.

It started this morning when my new fiance, love of my life and most importantly BEST FRIEND left to go on his first tour to South By South West (SXSW) with the band Five Times August. I am so happy for him, and know he'll make it as a professional drummer - but I will really miss him. I am such a sap. But randomly, I am also kind of jealous. Is that bad to say? He's out there, having fun, living his dreams - and I am here: Looking for a day job to pay bills, rent...you know, really glamorous things like that, and TRYING SO HARD to get something happening for myself musically, artistically, and creatively. At least planning our wedding and trying to write new lyrics is keeping me busy. I am so proud of him, and I can't wait for him to get home.

Also, with Eric gone, I realized that even though we have made some wonderful friends here...It's not California. Today is the first day since we've been here that I really missed my old life full of family and friends. I feel lonely.

Then, at about 1:45 this afternoon, I got a call from my ex saying that his mother, who had been fighting breast cancer for two years, passed away on Saturday. All I could do was cry and tell him that I was sorry. She was an incredible, hilarious, vivacious woman, and the world was a better place with her in it. My thoughts and prayers are with the family...I don't know what else to say.

Life can be hard sometimes, but it builds character, right? I'm praying that tomorrow will be a better day. I'm sure it will be...

Comments

chayna rae said…
i'm sorry you're feeling so down today:( how long is eric going to be gone? how about i come over tonight and we'll have wine & girl talk?
Kaitlyn said…
Come over? I wish...Southwest has cheap flights...fly out here! I miss you!
Eric is only gone for five days...it was just a little too all at once, ya know?

Popular Posts