Weekend Summary...Good Times!

I had a fantastic weekend! I love going up to Paso. It's such an escape from Los Angeles. Maybe soon I'll get to go home to AZ...also a good getaway...I miss it. ANYWAY!
The very start of my journey was rocky because I couldn't leave work until 5PM...if you live near LA, or know anything about it, you know traveling by car at 5PM on a Friday is...next to impossible. Especially when you're on a semi-time crunch. By some miracle I ended up making it in perfect timing. Phew!
I got to Hoover's for Noah's Battle of the Bands contest at about 9 ish, and Eric had just been dropped off seconds apart from my arrival. We got in, said hello to a bunch of people, and got a delicious blueberry wheat beer! Umm yes, I will be going back for that beer. So good!
The first band to play was called Honor Bound Heroes, and Noah called their genre "Agro-Punk." There were only 3 guys, and...let's just say it wasn't MY style, but they weren't too bad. They played for about 30 minutes...I think. I didn't totally give them my attention because I had Eric, we chatted with Noah and Lucinda, then his family arrived, we had some more beverages, and enjoyed our time together.
After HBH broke down their stuff, Perceive The Symphony (Noah's band) set-up. When they were ready, Eric and I were RIGHT in front of Noah...HE WAS SOOOO GOOD! I was really impressed with his band! Not to mention, they basically brought in the entire crowd of 60 people. We hung out afterward to celebrate Noah's 26th, and found out the PTS (obviously) won, and will advance to Round 2 in 6 weeks! I can't wait to go back! The night wrapped up, and Eric and I headed back to his parents house and had this intense conversation, and it only made me love him more.
Saturday we woke up and snuggled, then got ready for the day. We ate lunch at McPhee's, which I've been to twice before and LOVED because of this ridiculous Kobe Cheeseburger. I don't eat a lot of burgers, but this was literally the best one ever! So I opened the menu - and it wasn't there. (Tear...) We still had an awesome lunch, then headed over to Sylvester Winery to do a wine and chocolate paired tasting. So Yum! We bought a bottle, 2 cheeses and 2 artistic awesome wine glasses! (Apparently one 750ml bottle fits in each goblet...mildly excited about this. Plus, they're really pretty...okay...) Back to his parents...we had some time together because his parents, and Woody, Kim and lil' Cody went to Lake Nacimiento all day. I love just relaxing with him. When they got home, we all got ready and headed to Tahoe Joe's for dinner - so much good food. Like so much. And the cheesecake...No words. Then we went home, and played dominoes. :o) Eric won, I followed closely behind in second, then Rick, then Alberta. I beat Eric last time - so we're tied. For now. We stayed up, enjoyed a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, and watched The Office, season 2, disc 2. Hilarious. Then, bed time...
Sunday, Rick, Eric, Noah and I went golfing at Paso Robles Country Club. Since it was Noah's OFFICIAL birthday, Eric and Rick (and I obviously) let Noah win. Haha! Noah - 90. Eric - 92. Rick - 103. Kaitlyn - a big giant X! At least I played and had a good attitude, for 98% of the time, ha! After golf, Noah took off and we went to Senor Sanchos for a cerveza and some mexican food! Then, headed home so I could pack, nap with Foo, hang out with the fam, watch a little more Office, and take off. :o( Sad. Weekends are never long enough. I made it home by 11:15, and again, miracle...got a parking spot ON OUR STREET! Ended the evening chatting with Eric, and falling asleep...and had a WONDERFUL dream, that I hope comes true!
Now it's Monday...back to work...and I am anxiously awaiting his return...which will hopefully be soon. Real soon. A-hem...

On a totally seperate note: Ex-No.1 team USC (now No.9) lost to an unranked Oregon St last Thursday. I am not happy about this. They play Oregon on Saturday - which Eric, my parents and I are attending. Let's hope they show up to this one. Fight on! The Mets are out of the Playoffs, so I will be rooting hard for the Angels. And...pro-football...let's not discuss at this time. ha! Okay, more later.

NASHVILLE in t-minus 9 days!

Comments

Popular Posts