Catching Up...



Welcome, welcome!

I suppose that I could have done this on MySpace, or something, but this just seemed more "official." I used to write in a journal through my childhood, teen years and even in college, but somehow stopped doing it. I guess I just feel that it's a nice way to remember specific things, to vent, to share, etc. I'm excited.

My life right now is pretty great; I'm a very lucky girl.

If there is one thing I'm trying to learn right now, it's that the past is the past, and doesn't define who you are. Sure, you learn from it and take what you want with you - but should move on from the bad. I am here now, and now I am happy and blessed. Why worry about the past, when you have the present and the future? Also, my mom has recently asked the family for a really cool birthday gift - to wake up everyday and think of something you're grateful for, to tell someone something meaning ful (write a friend, family, call...etc...) and to think of the things you're grateful for at night...It's given me a lot of peace, and I am not focusing on anything negative...just trying to be a more positive, grateful woman.
I currently live in Los Angeles, staying with Eric (the boyfriend), and have many options floating in the air...I wish that I could just crack open a fortune cookie or something and just know what is going to happen.
C'est la vie - I don't have a clue. YET. So here are my options, and feel free to weigh in:
- Stay in Los Angeles, the city, even though parking is terrible and rent is stupidly high.

- Stay in Southern California, but move out of the city - perhaps to a beach location...because honestly, the city is wearing on me a little, and I am beginning to hate L.A. which I don't want to do.

- Move to Nashville, TN. I am going there in October with my parents and Eric to have meetings with people and tour the city. A lot depends on that trip. The music scene is prominent there, like L.A., but it's affordable, nicer, etc...from what I hear.

Also, musically and career wise - I'm at a good point. But I am also at a point where I have to start making some decisions. This will be an interesting year.

As mentioned before, a lot depends on the trip to Nashville. It also depends on what happens with Eric and his work (amazing drummer). My family is supportive with whatever we decide is best for us, even if it moves us 2,500 miles away - but I want to make sure it's the right decision - for the both of us. (If you can't tell, I kind of like him. ;o)) This leads me to my next topic...

Eric. We live in a teeny tiny little place in the eastern part of Hollywood, and randomly, I love it. Okay being totally honest, I don't "love" the place, it's small and a little cluttered (I'm a girl, I have too much stuff and the parking...oh the parking...(there is none) - - - but I love the company. Anyway, Eric graduates from the Musicians Institute THIS SATURDAY, then has to "figure out life." Haha. That's my struggle, too. He seems to be okay with it; it's amazing how mellow he is. He is the kind of person that thinks - it will work out. Whereas I am like - I need to figure it out, lay out my options and plan it all out. I'm a planner, I can't help it. He's so right though, it will work out - it has to. Besides, I feel like if I have him (and family, of course), I have everything I need. The rest will just fall right into place. :o) Honestly though, I've never felt this lucky, and in love - real love, finally!! - he's amazing and keeps me calm(er than I would be), and he's so sweet! He motivates and inspires me - He's had a few rough roads personally, and he even changed professions a year and a half ago from a soon-to-be Pharmacist, to a drummer! He's extraordinary...and I am so grateful for him.
Speaking of grateful - I love my family. Mom, Dad, Kim, Ryan, Brian, Sav, Owen and the dogs - you're all wonderful, and I will never be able to say I love you and THANK YOU enough, but I will never stop trying! Also, Eric's family - they're my family and I love them, too!
And my friends are phenominal! I know it's hard when you graduate from college to maintain the relationships you built there...but it's my goal to keep the friends I've made, and to meet new friends down the line. :o) There is nothing better than good friends.

Life is good. Love is amazing. Gratitude is important.

I feel a little silly trying to be all serious...but in all seriousness (for lack of a better saying)...the secret of life (in my opinion) is to just find a way to be happy. And I've finally found it!
Okay...more later.

Oh, PS - USC rocked OSU - sweet.
Fight on,
Kaitlyn

Comments

Popular Posts