My Pregnancy Favs & Must Have's

Click the photo to see it larger.
1.   A Body Pillow:   I got mine from Target. I didn't get a fancy, $100 one. I spent $10 on the pillow, and $10 on a comfy cover - and LOVE it. I can't sleep without it.
2.  Colace:  For the uncomfortable times.
3.  A Cute Tumbler / Water Bottle:   If it's cute, you might be inclined to remember to use it and get your minimum of 8 glasses a day! :) I bought a Pug one, and used it a lot!
4.  Layering Tanks:   You begin to start popping out here and there...it's nice to layer and feel a little more comfortable and smooth. I got a bunch from The Gap (Pure Body are lightweight and smoothing) and Target (Long and Lean - pregnant or not, I LOVE THESE!)
5. Tums:   I chose Wintergreen because I've never been a fan of the fruity, chalky-ness of the others - but my friends love the "smoothie" tums. Let's just say, heartburn will get ya...eventually.
6. Comfy Sweat / Yoga Pants:   These are my 2 favs - Yoga Pants from Target, and Boyfriend Sweats from Victoria's Secret. I wore them pre-preggo, and 36 weeks in - they both still work. These will be good post-partum too, I hear.
7.  Comfortable Athletic Shoes: I  have been working out at least 3 times a week up to this point.  It's been less post ER visit because I am scared, but I still go. Working out makes me feel SO great, and having comfortable shoes really helps. Even when I walk the dogs, good support helps my swelling, achy tootsies.
8.  A Good, Informative - but Lighthearted Book:   WTEWYE was a little much for me. The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy was much more my speed. I still felt informed, without all the worry. I also cracked up reading Belly Laughs.
9.  Sparkling Water / Mocktail:   When my husband has a beer / adult beverage, I grab a wine glass and pour myself a glass of...SPARKLING WATER and add a lime, or a Sprite Zero with a spash of Cranberry Juice. It's a nice treat, and I don't feel like I am missing out.
10.  A Supportive Husband / Family:   I don't know if I could have made it this far without the help and love of my husband, family and friends.
My husband has been an absolute rock star throughout this entire process: Feeding my cravings, supporting my gym habit, rubbing my back and feet, saying comforting words, working through my emotional breakdowns, encourging me in my aspirations, making extra money to ease my anxiety, cooking for me, surprising me, etc. I really couldn't be more lucky.
My family (immediate and in-laws) have been really amazing too. I sure love them.
My friends have blown me away with their level of excitement, love and support as well. 

I feel blessed and so grateful...and know Cooper will be one of the most loved babies ever!  

I'm sure there are about a million things I forgot - blame it on Baby / Preggo Brain, I guess. ;) But if these are the things that came to mind first, it must be for a reason. Enjoy!

What were some of your favorite / must-have items? 

Comments

Popular Posts