37 Weeks - Full Term

Huge swollen mess...Almost there!
HOW FAR ALONG?:  37 Weeks - I am FULL TERM y'all! 

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?:  8 million pounds.  Which equals 28 pounds.  Shit.    

MATERNITY CLOTHES:  Yes.  And actually, I wore a bathing suit cover up dress thing with pants to work yesterday as well.  Whatever fits, people.

STRETCH MARKS?:  Just the jiggle.  But there is plenty o' that.  Like woah.

SLEEP?:  Can you tell from my answers thus far that I am slightly delirious?  I don't sleep anymore.  At all.  It's awesome.   

BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  My Nashville baby shower was a blast!  Cassie and Dee really outdid themselves, and I am so grateful to them and to all of the lovely friends who came.  See below for a recap!  Eric and I also had a date night, which was so nice.  We have been walking the dogs a lot lately, too...I will get this baby out, I will!  OH!!! AND - Eric got a new job!!!  I am so so so proud of him.  It's exactly what he was looking for, and it happened within 5 days of searching.  Rock star! 

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  No sleep, weighing a lot more, pelvis pressure, back pain, waddling even more (how?), and all that. 

MISS ANYTHING?:  Walking like a normal person.  Sleeping on my stomach.  Being able to sit up without pain.  It's the little things at this point.  Oh yeah, and wine.  :)  Some things don't change.

MOVEMENT?:  A little less than usual, but not to the point where I worry.  There's just less room in there.

FOOD CRAVINGS?:  Sweets.  All of them. 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?:  Just the heartburn.  It's gotten really bad.  I heart you, Tums.

LABOR SIGNS?:  Not real one's...darn it!  Just the regular tummy tightening, and pressure.  Nothing that I would call super intense though.    

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?:  I mean, I am happy and all, but I know that I complain a lot.  (Oops.)  I feel so uncomfortable, so it's difficult to just live life.  I have severe back pain, especially on the right side.  I waddle more than I thought humanly possible.  I sweat when I go to sleep and then wake up shivering.  My pelvis hurts.  I occasionally get crampy.  My feet swell.  I mean, come on.  Lol.   

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?:  Flat as flat can be.  It's really attractive.  I mean in general, I'm really attractive lately, but this is a bonus.  Ha!  

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?:   On.  Which is amazing, frankly.  

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?:  I think we all know the answer to this one...  Meeting our son.  Any day now, Cooper.  :)

...LIFE IS A GIFT BABY SHOWER...
Well I'm about as lucky as a girl can be.  I have such amazing friends in Nashville.  I really didn't think I would have a baby shower here - but then, out of nowhere - not one, but two friends offered to throw me one.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to Dee and Cassie for such a fun and gorgeous day.
Hostesses with the mostesses!  Thank you ladies!
Cassie had set up the cutest little stations with photos, little gifts (in our colors), snacks / treats, flowers, etc.  It was so adorable, and she obviously spent a lot of time on everything.  I loved EVERY detail.  She had a "Guess Cooper's Birthday" calendar - which was adorable, and a Wishes for Baby station. Not gonna lie, I teared up when I read those. They also had a diaper raffle, where guests bring a package of diapers and got a ticket. The winner got a cute prize! :) And so much more...it was lovely. They really thought of it all. 
Photos, Guess the Due Date, Wishes for Baby, Flowers...etc.
Sweet n' Salty Snacks!  Yummm...
I'm huge, but they're cute.  Check the adorable cupcakes.
We played "Price is Right - Baby Edition" where guests had to guess how much certain baby items cost, and we played "Tinkle in the Pot" where guests blew up a balloon, stuffed it in their shirt, put a coin between their knees, and waddled to a bucket and dropped the coin in.  It was so hilarious.  Each winner got an awesome prize, too.
Lea, Kaeli and Marion blowing up their balloon babies.

Heidi was the tinkle winner! 
Everyone was so thoughtful and generous with their gifts, and diapers - I loved every single gift, and am so thankful.  This kid isn't even here yet, and he is SO loved and SO spoiled.  
Some more cute shots...
We ate delish gourmet cheeses and fruits, and of course amazing Ivey Cake cupcakes decorated with glitter and edible rubber duckies.  Cassie made this amazing punch, too...  Some ladies added a splash of rum to it, but it was amazing on its own too.  YUM!  It was served in mason jars, which Dee decorated with bakers twine, tags that read "cheers" and cute grey and white paper straws.  Everything was amazing, adorable, and perfect.  Every detail and moment was lovely.   

I wanted to do something cute and little for favors, so I got mini hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works in a navy blue case, with a tag that read, "Life is a Gift.  So is your Friendship.  Thank you for coming to Cooper's Baby Shower."  I wanted it to be something people would use - and something cute.  Hope I was successful. I also got Cassie and Dee a little thank you for hosting gifty - sideways cross jewelry from a fabulous Etsy store called Gems En Vogue.  

Dee and Cassie
It was an incredible day filled with friends, laughter, and so much fun.  I am blessed.  I can't wait to meet this baby!!! 

Comments

Jenny Whitaker said…
You. Look. Adorable. And even if you don't really FEEL all glowy and pregnant you certainly look it!

Your shower looked amaze too! What an amazing group of friends you have! Can't believe you are in the home stretch - it will be any day now! Can't wait to see that Non-Tuesday Surprise Blog "light up" - I am waiting...

Sending prayers your way!
XOXO

Popular Posts