23 Weeks with Our Little Grapefruit

23 weeks / 17 to go! 
HOW FAR ALONG?: A bit over 23 weeks, a bit less than 17 to go! 

MATERNITY CLOTHES: With the exception of pink boyfriend pants, big sweatshirts, yoga gear and my husband's t-shirts, I'm in maternity clothes. Ya know, like when I actually have to get dressed which means I am going to church, dinner... or that's about it. Haha! 

STRETCH MARKS?: Not on my tummy, and I refuse to look at my behind. So... whatever

SLEEP?: I get interrupted sleep. Suppose I should get used to it, right? 

BEST MOMENT THIS/LAST WEEK?: We had such a great week last week. I went to the gym a bunch (which has really perked me up), we had a good time at the grand opening of The Lookout at The Hideaway at Arrington, had a family donut date at Dunkin, drove by the house (which is painted!!!) and we have walls, went to church, had a lovely time with Nana, Papa and our good friends Ryan and Kaeli... and - the whole week - I just soaked up time with my little boy. He's truly the best and makes every day so fun. 

My boys at The Hideaway, listening to music (Eric to the band, Cooper to something Batman related in my earbuds).

House is almost alllll painted, and we have walls y'all.

3 Generations.


Kambestad Family, party of (soon to be) 4.


Coop had his first golf lesson at The Little Course. Batman made an appearance during the whiteboard lesson on scoring, naturally.

WORST MOMENT?: Cooper has been a little (lot) emotional lately. He's been crying at drop-off, has been having a hard time letting go of Eric and me at bedtime, etc... So I talked to a bunch of people, and we established this is likely 1 of 2 (or maybe both) things:

  1. He's excited about Lyla, but subconsciously - it is having an effect on him. 
  2. This kid, this little 4 year-old kid, has been through more changes than a lot of people ever go through: daycare, moving, new home, new daycare, new daycare again, moving again, back to old daycare, and will be moving again with a baby sister joining the party... he could very well just be overwhelmed and needing some special love and attention. Which we are more than happy to give. 
I created an "I Can Do It" Chart where he earns stickers and then rewards and dates with Mom and Dad. We're also spending more and more time with him, but still talking about baby sister - so it won't be a shock when she comes. Finally, Gigi will be bringing a baby doll when she comes in June so he can practice being the best big brother ever. 

MOVEMENT?: Eric felt her! FINALLY! She still isn't moving a ton, so it's really just been one or two times... but it was such a fun moment. 

MISS ANYTHING?: Vino, we had a sushi date and I got filet, veggies and rice (i.e. not sushi, but wahh wahh), and being just generally being comfortable. 

FOOD CRAVINGS?: SWEETS GALLORE and, randomly, pizza. But, I've been sneaking in fruit smoothies and salads pretty regularly... so it's fairly balanced. 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Not realllllly. Sometimes I just don't want something... can't explain why. Just don't. #difficult 

SHOWING YET?: Well this question is just ridiculous. 

GENDER?: Sweet baby girl, Lyla Jaks. 

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: Back pain, but moods have pretty much been in check. I occasionally cry (like when Coop cried when I dropped him off at school), but I haven't been like... irrational or mad or mean or hangry or whatever else. 
(Also today - Tuesday - if I am being honest... I was a little out of sorts because I was freaking exhausted. Could barely keep my eyes open. Wasn't mean, but wasn't entirely like... conversational.

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: Still in, but stretched pretty wide. 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On and snug. I'll take it. I know I'll need to figure something out in a few months though. 

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Mostly very happy. Life is good. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: We have a busy few weekends ahead, which will be nice for many reasons... time will fly and it will be filled with fun, family and friends. After that, we'll be moving in to our new place, getting settled, having a nice housewarming + baby sprinkle party and welcoming baby girl! 

Comments

Popular Posts