Times...They Are A'changing

PART ONE of (probably) TWO...


Disclaimer:  No, this is not the "big decision" that Eric and I made together about our future that I mentioned a few weeks ago.  That news will be coming shortly...Stay tuned.  I know...MORE news...crazy, right?

Well friends, it is with a heavy heart and also some excitement (if that makes sense) that I announce I will be transitioning from School of the Legends, over to Lattimore, Black, Morgan and Cain, PC.  It's been a few weeks in the making, but the offer letter was accepted and the start date negotiated (this Thursday - yes, tomorrow - wow!), so it's really happening.  Weird.  Somehow, I didn't think it would.  There were many factors that led to this decision, but the main one's (that I feel comfortable discussing) are as follows:

1.  My (main) boss at SOTL does not need full time assistance moving forward - at least at this time and for the foreseeable future.  While I do work for other folks in the office, offer my help to any department that is in need, and could be placed in another department (which I would love) - it seems my time could be better suited elsewhere.  Again, at least for the time being.  I would love to rejoin this team should SOTL thrive, as I assume it will.  

2.  Our CFO at SOTL is also a parter at LBMC.  Yes, he is an extremely busy man.  He and his two partners need an Executive Assistant immediately, and he saw a fit with me.  I am flattered and thrilled that Mike's (CFO) first thought was to hire me, especially being 6+ months preggo.  He is a great, great man, and I respect him tremendously as a businessman and as a human being.  It will be an adventure.     

3.  As most of you know, SOTL is a start-up company.  We have some fabulous investors, wonderful ideas, and are really honing in on some great things moving forward...but the nature of a start-up comes with a large amount of uncertainty.  Now that Eric and I are expecting a little one (beyond our fur-little one's Banjo and Ukulele), we feel that it's best that we both don't work at the same company...just in case...God forbid...something happen at School of the Legends where they'd need to trim the staff further, sell the company or even shut down completely.  Let's talk stability:  LBMC has been in business since 1984, is one of the top firms in the South East and was recently voted one of the best places to work in Nashville.  It's not going anywhere, it seems.  ;)

My heart was torn because part of me wanted (and still wants) to stay at School of the Legends.  I want/ed to see the company through.  I have been there the longest of all the employees (with the exception of a few high level gents), and I feel like I deserve a shot to stay.  But, that's really not what this is about.  In addition, the responsible side of me is excited for the change and the stability that comes with this new position.  

I will miss the friendships I've made at SOTL...but LBMC is literally around the corner - so if I want to stop by, I will.  Probably a lot.  My husband works there, and many of my friends.  :)  Luckily this is a friendly transaction, and since I obviously wasn't let go / didn't  quit...it won't be awkward...I think it will be welcome.    

If I am being totally honest (and isn't that the point of this blog?), I'm a little worried.  I am trying to tell the voice in my head to shut up, but it keeps whispering, "This isn't the time to change jobs!  You're supposed to be relaxing and keeping life consistent.  Stress will only affect you and the baby negatively."    With everything else that is happening in our lives and all the crazy expenses we have coming up and just...things, I could really use some "relaxing, consistency and no extra stress."  But, it seems, that isn't in my cards just yet.  C'est la vie.  At least I will continue to have a great job, even if it is at a different location, and I will continue to do the best work I can do and be proud of it!  

It's been a fun, interesting, crazy 2+ years.  Now, I am off.

Here goes nothing... :)    

Comments

Popular Posts