28 Weeks and Feeling Swollen


Taken on Tuesday, 28 Weeks exactly.


HOW FAR ALONG?:  28 Weeks + 1 Day (as of Wednesday)

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?:  Why do I leave this question on here?  As of today on the dreaded doctor scale, 19 pounds.  Goal is 1 pound a week for the rest of pregnancy...that's 12 more pounds.  I can do this.  

MATERNITY CLOTHES:  If anyone has any business casual maternity clothes that would fit me (unlikely), I just started a new job, and there is a dress code.  I bought all casual maternity wear thinking I'd be at SOTL...so...yeah.  ;)

STRETCH MARKS?:  On my behind, a little.  Not bad, and not on the tummy at all yet.

SLEEP?:  Miserable.  Falling asleep (at 8 or 9 PM) is no problem, it's when I wake up around 11 PM or midnight that I want to cry...lol.   

BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  We got a surprise gift from our friends Erin and Chad for baby Cooper filled with adorable, personalized gear. They nailed it.
Eric and I had a lovely date day on Father’s Day – CPK and Prometheus 3D, followed by grocery shopping. 

And today, which is technically this coming week, but whatever.  I got to hear little man's heartbeat, which was super solid.  He's just under 3 pounds, which is average (thank you for slowing down, buddy!).  Doc seemed very happy with my health, which was nice!  All in all, great appointment - very quick!  Have to go back in 3 weeks to retest thyroid stuff, but should be fine.  Oh, I also got the rogam shot today.  For someone who is afraid of shots, it wasn't that bad.  :)  

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  Well switching jobs is never fun or easy, but so far I have no real complaints.  The people are very nice, and I am glad there is a bit of a learning curve.  Sleep is pretty awful...so, that's no fun.  I am a little moody about my weight, but I have a feeling that won't go away until I am back in my pre-preggo "skinny KK" clothes.  How fun for Eric!  :)

MISS ANYTHING?:  All kinds of alcohol, mainly wine (wine and champagne) and vodka (Ciroc)…and bizarrely rum (Cracken and Brugal).  I also miss being able to move without breathing like an out of shape, 87 year-old man who has smoked his whole life.  I miss being able to work out as hard as I used to.  I miss when my work outs actually felt like I was accomplishing something.  I miss wanting to eat healthy all the time…woops, let that one slip a little.  I miss looking cute in clothes.  Oh well.  I will get back on track once baby boy arrives.  It's allllllll part of the process, right?  :)    

MOVEMENT?:  Cooper was especially active Monday, it was so fun to see him moving around in there.  There are only 2 places that hurt when he kicks / moves, but otherwise...it's fun.  When the doc got his heartbeat this morning, she had to kind of hold him still - he was very active!

FOOD CRAVINGS?:  Fruit (blueberries and strawberries mostly), cupcakes, cheese, quinoa, and cold things...  

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?:  Guac.  When I eat too much, which is literally ¼ of what I used to eat, I get a little sick too.  Also, heartburn is a b-word.  Never experienced it before.  Never want to again.

LABOR SIGNS?:  Nope.  Still praying for late August.

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?:  Mentioned feeling a little blue re: weight, and there are a few other things that occasionally "get to me" - but overall I know I am a lucky girl, and that makes me happy.  Gaining weight like crazy, feeling swollen and achy everywhere.  Not SUPER motivated to do anything like go out, but try to rally whenever I can so I can be a fun wife and friend.    
  
 BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?:  In-ish, I would say by next week it’ll be flat.

 WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?:  On.

 LOOKING FORWARD TO...?:  Well this weekend I want to do a whole lot of nothing.  I wanted to do it last weekend, but things came up…so this weekend, it’s all about R&R (with 1 or 2 work outs and cleaning the house sneaking in there).  Eric will golf in a tournament Saturday for a few hours, but other than that, we’re bringing our futon mattress to the living room, watching movies, sleeping whenever we want, Eric will work a little, we’ll play with the dogs…and we’ll relax on our “island,” as we like to call it.  It's heaven.   

I am also looking forward to our trip home in 13 days.  A few days in AZ and CA sound ideal, albeit toasty, to me right now.      

Comments

Popular Posts