Happy Father's Day 2012

Like my mother, my Father has played a huge role in my life.  I wish I could be with him to treat him to a day of R&R - but even if I was with him, I am sure he wouldn't let me.  ;)    

Dad, 

Where do I even begin?  I guess with two simple words - THANK YOU.  Though they will never be enough, I'll never stop telling you, and meaning them.       



I have been privileged to live such a blessed life, and you are one of the enormous reasons why.  You worked harder than anyone I know and sacrificed so much to provide such a lovely life for your family.  Growing up, you worked your tail off through the week and you would think that by the time the weekend rolled around, you'd want to catch up on relaxing.  Not you.  You would take us to endless soccer and baseball games as our coach, ref or you would at least think that you were one of those two.  ;)  So there you have it.  We had Superman for a Dad.  Worked a million hours during the week, and then was the most involved, supportive Dad ever.  

Dad, as I grew older, your support did not end.  In fact, I think it grew even stronger.  Let's begin with my dancing.  You were at every football game, watching me dance on the sidelines.  You were at every competition.  When we had to move from Arizona to Huntington in my junior year, you let Mom and me stay behind for one semester so I could compete on the dance team one more time.  Talk about sacrifice.  You were at every show at APA and for the USC Repertory Dance Company.  You were also at every play I ever did...for some of them, I apologize.  Haha!  It all began with Bye Bye Birdie and Tattered Tom Triumphs, and ended up being the very thing I majored in at USC.  You were at every Kappa event.  You were at every USC event.  I am so lucky that I got my family's support and love at almost everything I was involved in.  Blessed. 

Then, as I chased my dream to be a professional singer, your support did not waiver.  Again, it grew.  You did everything you could to encourage me, to help me, to promote me...I'm just sorry it didn't work out the way we had hoped it would.  Though I assure you, music will always be special to me (and Eric) and will play a huge role in our lives.  I largely have you to thank for that.  Thank you for letting me chase my dreams.  I can't believe just how lucky I am.

Dad, you take such pride in your family.  Even as we were kids, we recorded every Christmas morning so that we'd have something to look back on.  Your smile and pride-filled face has not changed through the years.  I love that smile.  You believe in family (and other) traditions, which is admirable and something I will pass on to my family.  I think they're pretty great, too.  I am so proud to be your daughter.

Dad, like Mom, you are such a great teacher.  You taught me to have passion and fire.  Sometimes, as you know, it can get us into trouble...but really, I'd rather have passion than be boring.  You taught me to work hard and to be professional.  That is such an invaluable lesson that I use everyday.  You, also like Mom, have taught me never to give up and to keep searching for my purpose.  For all of these things, and more, thank you.  I can only hope that I can pass these amazing things along to my son, and also hope that his Pop Pop will be there for him at his baseball games and throughout life's crazy journey, too.    

Finally Dad, you taught me, and continually remind me to "look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp."  You may think I don't hear you or don't listen...but I do.  :)  

So on this day, Dad...I send you nothing but love and thanks.  Everything you've ever done for me is so appreciated, and I love you with all of my heart.  Thank you, Super Dad. 


PS - In your honor, I just might vacuum today.  :)  

To Eric on your (almost) 1st Father's Day,

What a ride, eh babe?  Just a few months to go, and we'll be parents for the rest of our lives.  I can't tell you how excited I am, largely because I get to go through this life with you.  I know that this will rock our world, but in such an amazing way - think of all the blessings that are coming our way.

Cooper is already the luckiest kid!  Not only does he have our parents as Grandparents, and our family as his family, but he gets YOU for a Father.  He will surely be spoiled by you, he will surely have a lot of fun with you, and he will surely get into a little trouble...with you.  :)  

I cannot wait to see you hold him for the first time.  My heart will melt...it already does when you rub my belly and wish him a "Good morning" and "Good night."  

So enjoy this day, Foo.  Relax, and take it in.  It's your last Father's Day without a child for the rest of your life.  How cool is that?  So...that being said...what do you want to do today?  May I get you a beer?  Haha!

I love you, so very very much!

Your wife and soon to be mother of your son, COOPER'S MOMMY!
KK
XOXO



Comments

Popular Posts