Mother's Day 2012

For Mother's Day this year, I sent my mom a hilarious card (at least I think it's funny), and bought her a small token of my appreciation to show her how awesome I think she is.  If I was a bazillionaire, the gifts would be endless.  Sadly, I am not.  Eric and I are working on budgeting and preparing for my first Mother's Day gift...Cooper, so I cannot shower my Mom with all of the things she so deserves.  Instead, I thought I would share with her, and whoever would like to read, just how much I adore her, how much I have learned from her, and in general - how incredible she is.

Mom, every day you are a shining example of the joy of selflessness and eternal positivity.  You give your love, laughter and positive spin on life so freely to everyone - which are truly the best gifts.
You taught me that having a positive outlook, even in the most difficult of situations, is the right outlook to take because negativity gets you nowhere.
You taught me that love is important, and can heal almost any wound.
You taught me that laughter truly is the best medicine.  I remember little moments where you and I would get "the giggles" and not stop laughing for minutes on end...your laugh is infectious, and I will treasure it always.    

Mom, you made / make life so much FUN!  Even when we were little, I remember how much fun we had as a family and with our friends.  Whether it was you creating our Halloween costumes from scratch, or taking us to endless soccer / dance / football / softball / theater / swimming / etc... practices, decorating our homes for various holidays, opening our advent calendars for Christmas, going on camping trips with interesting meal attempts, going to New York together, going abroad together, going on shopping adventures together - so much more...You were always "the cool mom"... the involved Mom... the Mom I always wanted around.  Isn't is amazing that even though I am a lot slightly older, I still see you the same way:  Fun, creative, cool, involved, adventurous, generous, loving...and I still want you around.  You're my best friend.  I'm pretty lucky.

Mom, you are an incredible teacher, just like Grandpa (Grandma, too).  I've learned what it means to be a great wife, a loyal friend and soon I will put into practice what I've learned from you about being an awesome mother.  I've learned that there is a positive in every situation, to focus on that and not dwell on the negative.  I've learned to genuinely enjoy every moment I have and to be grateful for every day that God gives me - to trust in Him in all I do.    I've learned that life can be and should be fun!  I've learned what it means to overcome certain obstacles, to learn and grow from those obstacles, and to move on as a better, stronger woman.  I've learned manners.  I've learned gratitude.  I've learned to love my family with all of my heart.  I've learned not to give up, and to keep searching for my purpose.  I've learned proper grammar (haha, that sometimes I choose not to use on this blog - sorry).  ;)  I've learned...and still learn...so much from you.  Thank you for being such an excellent teacher.

People often say they can tell you and I are Mother & Daughter because we are so alike, and that I resemble you...what an honor that is!  I am so lucky to have you as my Mother, and feel so blessed that Cooper gets to have you as his Gigi.

Thank you for all you've given me...nothing is ever overlooked or taken for granted.  You are such a special woman, and I love you to the moon and back!  



To my sister, Kimi:

It's official, you are Superwoman...I am convinced.

I hope that on this Mother's Day you get a moment to relax and take some time for yourself.  You are truly the definition of the word selfless.  You always put others before yourself, and that is so admirable.  I hope that I end up half the Mom (well, woman really) you are, because you are truly incredible and such an inspiration.  Thank you for all you've done for me... after all, you did help raise me.  ;)  I love you very much, and am so grateful that we are not only sisters, but friends.  I count myself very lucky to have you in my life.  You're amazing and lovely...and I still look up to you like I did when you were in High School, I was in Junior High, and I wanted desperately to borrow your white leather fringed jacket...because you were the coolest.  You still are.  :)

Love you, sister.


Comments

Unknown said…
Wow that was so sweet! You love your mom and sister in copious amount as I do mine :) They sound above and beyond amazing, and lucky to have you for a daughter and sister!

Popular Posts