25 Weeks & a Pop and Gigi Visit


25 Weeks - Cauliflower or Eggplant...some
websites vary.  Coop is above average though...

HOW FAR ALONG?: 25 Weeks.  Wow I'm getting big...ger.  I feel like Coop has really popped out this week.  Sorry - no comparison from last week.  ;)  Almost didn't post this week's photo.  I am so embarrassed.

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?:  As of my 24 Week check up, 14 pounds...so probably 80 by now. :)

MATERNITY CLOTHES:  Yes.  Though I can wear pre-preggo jackets, yoga pants and skirts here and there - but that's all.  My Mom and I shopped this weekend - and while she looked darling in almost everything, I looked like a beached whale.  (Inside joke...)

STRETCH MARKS?:  Lil' one's on my behind.  Not on the belly yet - Yay.

SLEEP?:  Other than having to get up every hour to pee or to make a huge effort to roll over to my other side - I sleep well.  :)

BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  Besides hearing Coop's heartbeat and learning he's growing and doing great...it was having the parents here.  Such an awesome visit.  See the RECAP below, if you're interested.

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  Hmm... Don't think I had a worst moment.  Kind of cool.  Was such a great week!  I guess it's not fun gaining weight, but it's all for my baby boy.

MISS ANYTHING?:  I didn't miss alcohol that much this week.  Am I growing up??  :)  Was kind of craving a hot dog, but I am managing without them.  I basically ate everything else this past week.  Awesome.  I DO miss running / jogging and working out as hard as I used to.  Also see RECAP.

MOVEMENT?:  He was SO active this week!  Not only can you feel him moving, but you can also see my tummy moving.  You can't tell what parts are sticking out, but you occasionally will see a few pokes.  It's hilarious.

FOOD CRAVINGS?:  Um, food.  Pretty much.  ;)  I have less room than I used to, so I eat LESS, but I still love everything (for the most part).  I had more of a sweet tooth than usual, but it may have been my Mama rubbing off on me...lol.  I also really wanted mexican food.

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?:  Still guac.  So weird.

LABOR SIGNS?:  Nada yet.

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?:  Happy lady.  Sometimes tired and can get annoyed at myself.  But I am a happy camper, and love my family SO much! :)  I have sciatic back issues, but they come and go.  I'm dealing - and Eric rubs it when it hurts.

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: In-ish.  It will soon be flat.  Lord help me...again.

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On, snug, and not enjoying this humidity.

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?:  More company (next week), and then in July, my big ol' preggo self will be headed to AZ and CA with Foo for my Baby Shower!  Also...more immediately, I am looking forward to going to sleep tonight.  It's 9:20 AM, and I've already been up for 4 hours and 20 minutes.  

RECAP:  Gigi and Pop's Visit to Nashville:

My parents took a trip to Houston, traveled to Ono Island, to Perdido Bay, up through many parts of Alabama - and finally into Tennessee.  They enjoyed seeing friends and family, golfing the Robert Trent Jones courses, and of course...getting to Nashville to see Cooper...and us.  :)  

They arrived WEDNESDAY afternoon while we were at work (a day full of news - I'll get there later...maybe even another post...sigh), and played with the pugs.  We got home, hung out, and then after returning their rental, we dined at my Mom's favorite East Nashville restaurant: The Silly Goose.  Then my sweet tooth appeared out of nowhere, and we walked to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream next door.  Oh.Em.Gee!  Heaven.    

The next day, THURSDAY, Eric and I headed to work while they enjoyed golf at Richland Country Club.  They played with some nice folks who invited all of us to dinner at Cinco de Mayo - not the best restaurant in town - but they were going for the fun, cheap mexi food and delish margs.  :)  We decided to go for it - but ended up just eating together, and saying hello to their new buddies on our way out.  My Mom may have met her new BFF.  Lol.  

FRIDAY rolled around, and as usual, Eric and I headed off to work.  Mom and Dad took the pugs on a walk at Radnor Lake and then met us for lunch at The Local Taco.  It was such a lovely day, weather-wise.  Then Mom and Dad wandered around town, shopped, and we met them at home where we cooked, and hung out.  We also played a round of dominoes.  I won.  :)  

The boys, err men, golfed at Gaylord Springs on SATURDAY, while us girls - haha - did a garage sale.  Out neighbor Chris told us that the community was having one THE NIGHT BEFORE, so Mom and I got as much together as we could and made it work!  We were all up at 6:00 AM - it was hilarious.  We ended up making money and getting rid of some crap lovely things we were going to give away anyway, so it was totally worth it (thank you Mom!).  Then Mom and I worked out...we were so good and proud of ourselves, ha!  I feel like we did well, but I miss working out the way I used to.  I would run, instead of the elliptical.  I would do a million crunches, now I don't think I can, and even if I could - what's the point??  ;)  I would lift heavier weights, but I have to lower the weight and do more reps now.  I would stretch more, but I can hardly bend over, let alone touch my toes.  Lol.  It's an adjustment, but I'll get back into the swing of things soon enough.  Anyway, it was a good workout - I had fun with Mama.  We met the boys for lunch at Kalamata's, and they headed home - while Mom and I did a little shopping damage.  :)  Just a lil'.  We went home, and relaxed a bit before heading to dinner in Cool Springs at Burger Up.  Yum yum.  After dinner, we went to Green Hills - made a stop at Nordy, and then went to The Bluebird Cafe for a show.  We saw Annie Mosher, Craig Carothers, Dave Berg and Tony Arata - some of Nashville's finest talent.  It was a tremendous show, and my parents were thrilled.  They're so cute - they get so excited about things like that.  I also got to introduce them to Annie - who is actually a friend of mine.  She's lovely, and such a sweetheart.  Also, ridiculously talented.  

SUNDAY got started with a hike at the trail near Hwy 100...I think it's called the Natchez Trace Trail...but I don't know for sure.  It's 2.5 miles, and it was sooo pretty.  It was really hot and humid, but the trees shaded us the whole time.  After the hike we went to brunch at Pancake Pantry.  It was between that, Barbara's and The Pfunky Griddle.  ;)  It was excellent as usual, and we were ALL grateful for the hike we'd just finished after we ate.  We shopped a little, got Father of the Bride 1 and 2 at Wal Mart (yes, I got my Dad in a Wal Mart!) and went home and relaxed a bit more.  We went and saw What To Expect When You're Expecting in Green Hills, which was...pretty much what I expected.  I didn't love it and some parts were downright too cheese-filled...but it was appropriate for our situation and Elizabeth Banks was highly entertaining.  "I'm just gonna call it.  Being pregnant sucks."  We had dinner at Taco Mamacita, which was super fun - then went home and walked the girls to Sweet Cece's for some fro yo.  We saw fireflies and enjoyed ourselves tremendously.  We watched FotB2 while Mom and I kinda worked on my baby registry online and Eric worked on his side job thing.  

MONDAY disappeared...it went by far too quickly.  We woke up and headed to Spring Hill for some golf.  I  just rode in the cart, but they all played.  It was SUCH a lovely day weather-wise...but no one really played their best golf.  We still enjoyed ourselves and had a good time.  Afterwards, we ate at J. Alexanders in Cool Springs and ran a few errands.  Mom treated me to a pedicure (I removed them from my budget and my feet looked a bit rough, and of course were swollen) and she got herself a mani shellac.  It was heavenly.  We grocery shopped and got ready for a BBQ at home, and played another round of dominoes.  I won (barely) again.  :)  Dad, your goal for next time is to break 300.  :)  Then, they began doin' laundry and packin' up - which all made me very sad.  Sad indeed.

TUESDAY morning crept up on me and I didn't like it one bit.  My alarm went off at 5:00 AM - and I took a bath, which was probably stupid because I almost fell asleep in it.  Eric was going to come with, but I decided to let him sleep - and I took my parents to the airport myself.  I miss them already.  

They're such wonderful, warm, loving, generous, fabulous people - and I wish I could see them all the time.  We were blessed with such fun times, amazing weather and it couldn't have come at better time for me.  Sometimes, no matter how old you are, you just need your parents.  They're almost back to Arizona now...and will head to my brother's birthday party on Thursday in CA.  Such travelers...  ;)  

I grabbed Eric and me Starbucks on the way back from the airport as my mind was filled with thoughts (and exhaustion)... I figured we'd need extra caffeine today - well, as much as I can have, anyway...and now...here we are.  Tuesday at work.  HOW WAS YOUR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND?  

In closing, thank you to our soldiers, past and present, for your sacrifice.  In particular, thank you to both of my Grandpas, my cousin's new husband, some friends, and a few more family members - you know who you are.  

Until next time... That's all folks!          
     


Comments

Amanda said…
YAY so happy to see another picture! i think you look super cute.

Popular Posts