HCG Week One - Completed (Barely)

So I left off of at the end of Day 4.

**Important to note, for drinks I am allowed black coffee (which I flavor with their approved stevia drops), any kind of tea, and tons of water. I was drinking about 140 oz a day, and they told me to cut back, as it appeared I was drinking too much. They told me to drink about half of my body weight in oz. I am still doing a bit more than that, about 100 oz. a day (no I am not 200 pounds...or anywhere near), because if you drink coffee or tea, you're supposed to up your water intake to make up for the dehydration. So that's what I drink during my days - I am just noting what I am doing for food intake in my daily journal...the drink intake can just be a given.**

VLCD Day 5:

1/2 C Fat Free Cottage Cheese (with Franks Hot Sauce)
2 C Raw Spinach (with Red Wine Vinegar)
1 Melba Toast Rectangle
3.5 oz of Very Lean Ground Beef (Seasoned with Pepper and Garlic, and Yellow Mustard)
Steamed Asparagus (with Franks)
2 Grissini THIN sticks

It's a total of roughly 330 Calories. I don't know why, but I didn't want fruit that day. Later that evening I found out that I should NOT be having Red Wine Vinegar, so I was very discouraged. I thought I was doing everything by the book (and kind over the top by the book) but I was wrong. Then I found out that my soap had Coconut Acid in it. I had one counselor tell me it was not allowed, as she thought Coconut Acid was derived from Coconut Oil - which is NOT allowed. (Later I learned that it IS okay - and acid and oil are different, so it's safe.)

VLCD Day 6:

3.5 oz of Very Lean Ground Beef (Leftovers from the night before)
Raw Celery (roughly about 2 C)
1 Melba Toast
1 Apple with Cinnamon
3.5 oz of Shrimp
2 C of Asparagus
2 Grissini THIN Sticks

This was about 465 Calories. I was feeling pretty good on Day 6 because I had weighed myself (for the first time, oops) and comparing it to what I weighed 2 weeks ago (or maybe more...) - I had lost about 5.2 pounds. My energy was pretty high as well, and I was in a great mood all day at work. But I was still a little moody by the time dinner came around. I just got sick of eating the same things. Crap, it's only day 6.

VLCD Day 7:

1/2 C Fat Free Cottage Cheese (with Franks)
1 Melba Toast
1 Medium Orange
3.5 oz Very Lean Ground Beef (seasoned with Salt and Pepper, and Mustard)
2C Spinach - cooked in water (with Garlic)
2 Grissini THIN Sticks

A total of about 345 calories. Today was a rough day. I mean, seriously rough day - my first breakdown day. I knew I wasn't going to quit, but if there was any day on this journey that I would...this would have been the day (so far).

I had a terrible headache, I was achy, I missed eating real food, I was cranky, and while I wasn't starving, I was annoyed at pretty much everything. Eric was at work all day (yes, on a Saturday) while I was sitting at home with Banjo, sulking. I called my Mom in the morning for a little support. She is great, and very helpful. She also apologized for "giving me" my metabolism. Ha! I also went to the store and bought more chicken, and gloves to wear since I had house cleaning to do and I can't allow ANY oils to touch my skin.

I think I am also upset because, truthfully, it's been a FULL week now, and I haven't seen a change. People have lost upwards of 15 pounds in their first week, and while I wasn't expecting that, I was expecting my pants to fit a little better. Not.So.Much. I still feel bloat (which is weird because as you've read I am not cheating and I am eating UNDER 500 cal/day), I still feel - well - chubby. I don't really want to talk to Eric about my frustration because he doesn't like it when I put myself down. Honestly, I don't blame him. I don't like it either, but I can't help it at this stage. I am working on it. I just don't get it so far. So.....

.....Let's hope Week 2 is much easier, and that I will finally see SOME kind of results.

Comments

Popular Posts