And So It (HCG) Begins...

All right kids! My HCG journey is officially underway. (FYI - If you're interested, THIS is where I got my HCG products.) People think I am nuts for doing this. I've had many friends caution me, and tell me they don't think I should go through with it. I think it's a great step towards a healthy body inside and out. Not only is it safe and doctor approved, it's going to help reset my metabolism (hopefully). And finally...if I lose any weight, I feel like I will be "Kaitlyn" again. You might not get that...but I do, and it's important to me. So, here goes nada...

Starting Weight: Wouldn't you like to know. :)
Goal: Shed 20-30 pounds.
HCG Starting Date: Friday, June 10th (Load Day #1)
VLCD Starting Date: Sunday, June 12th

So...Load Day #1...

Eric and I were leaving on my first Load Day for a Bachelor / Bachelorette weekend for our friends. This is what I indulged in:

1. Starbucks Grande Caramel Frap with Whip (I usually get a coffee with skim and splenda...not "fatty" enough).
2. Cracker Barrel Burger with 2 pieces of bacon and 2 slices of cheese, no bun or fries.
3. An Almond and Cranberry bar.
4. Cashews.
5. 11 pieces of Salami and Cheese.
6. Chicken Sandwich from Wendy's.

At this point, I was feeling extraordinarily full and also...extremely gross. I haven't eaten like that...EVER. Ew. I knew Load Day two was going to be rough.

Load Day 2...

I was with my friend Erin in Baton Rouge, then we went to New Orleans. This is what I indulged in:
1. A Hazelnut Iced Coffee with Whole Milk.
2. Cheese Fries and (a few bites of) Fettucini - feeling crazy sick at this point.
3. The tiniest piece of Cake because it had Butter Cream Frosting.
4. Queso and Bread Dips at JAX in NOLA.
5. 2 Vodka Sodas and 1/2 a Beer. :) It was a Bachelorette afterall.

I didn't hit the mark of 250 Grams of Fat on either day...but I could not stuff anything else in my face. Truthfully, it was very difficult to eat that way. I don't know how people do it on a regular basis. I was thinking at this point the Load Days may be more difficult than the VLCD Days...I was wrong, and right at the same time. What I mean is, during Load Days I felt greasy, full and uncomfortable. I knew what I was putting into my body, and I was upset. However - that being said - VLCD is a different kind of challenge. I can't eat whatever I want. I can't go out. I...well....you'll see. Read on. ;)

VLCD Day 1...

I picked up Eric from the Bachelor Party bright and early, coffee's and 136 oz of water in hand. At this point I was still pumped about beginning my weight loss journey with HCG and the VLCD diet. Silly Kaitlyn. ;) Here is what I ate / drank:

1. Coffee with the approved Stevia Drops for flavor.
2. Water...and TONS of it.
3. Subway Chicken Breast (3.5 oz)
4. Raw Spinach with Red Wine Vinegar
5. Laura's Lean Beef (3.5 oz)
6. Asparagus with Franks Hot Sauce
7. Spry (approved) Gum
8. Green Iced Tea

VLCD Day 2...

Well, back to work and still feeling excited about the diet. At this point my headache was beginning, but was manageable. Keep in mind, when on VLCD, I cannot deviate from any of the rules. This means NO oils or sugars of ANY kind. I had to buy new make up, shampoo, soap, medicine, etc. One thing I forgot is aspirin. I can't have anything other than uncoated aspirin. So...dealing with the headache was a bummer.

1. Coffee with the approved Stevia Drops for flavor.
2. Water...and TONS of it.
3. 6 Strawberries.
4. 1 C Raw Celery.
5. Laura's Lean Beef (3.5 oz).
6. Chicken (3.5 oz) with Yellow Mustard.
7. Spinach with Red Wine Vinegar.
8. 1 Grissini Thin.
9. 1 Melba Toast.


VLCD Day 3...

By far and away the hardest day thus far. Not only was I starving, I was cranky and my headache was on FULL FORCE. Yet...still pumped. Ish.

1. Coffee with the approved Stevia Drops for flavor.
2. Water...and TONS of it.
3. Apple and Cinnamon.
4. Chicken (3.5 oz) with Mustard.
5. Spinach with Red Wine Vinegar.
6. Shrimp (3.5 oz) with Franks Hot Sauce.
7. Asparagus (2 C) with Franks as well.
8. 6 Strawberries.
9. Melba Toast.
10. 1 Grissini Thin Stick.

VLCD Day 4...Today.

Well, I don't feel any thinner. Supposedly you are supposed to feel something change a little, and you're supposed to lose 0.5 - 2 pounds a day. I for sure don't feel that. Like at all. My clothes fit the same. I still feel bloat. It's actually kind of disheartening. However, I was in a pretty good mood this morning, and didn't feel hungry at all today. (Keep in mind, I've taken measurements but have not weighed...bad Kaitlyn. I know I know.)

1. Like a sip of coffee...Wasn't doing it for me today.
2. TONS of water. I'm talking 145 oz. probably. Maybe more.
3. Chicken with Mustard. Yes...from now on let's just know that all I get is 3.5 oz of protein, unless specified otherwise.
4. Spinach (2 C) with Red Wine Vinegar.
5. Melba Toast.
6. Lean Beef with Franks Hot Sauce.
7. Asparagus (2 C) with Franks as well.

I'd have strawberries or a grissini, but I am already at 492 calories (thank you so much stupid steak). Any more, and I will be over my 500 cal / day limit, which is a MAJOR no no.

So...that's where I am today. I feel fine. I feel (mostly) full. My headache is still definitely around, but I will get some aspirin tomorrow. Or tonight. It's that bad.

I also want to note that Eric has been absolutely incredible thus far. He's been cooking for me, getting things for me, doing anything that I can't do (like dishes) that might have any kind of oil, etc. in it....I mean, seriously. What a husband. I am so lucky. He also noted that while I was cranky yesterday, I wasn't cranky towards him. I was fine, so he didn't have to use the "code word." Ha! Love him.

I will probably stop by the gym tomorrow because I am DYING to know if I have lost any pounds. I will do round 2 of measurements on Sunday (which is completion of Week 1).

Wish me luck!

XOXO,
Kaitlyn

Comments

Popular Posts