Continuing this HCG Journey

So Week 2 is typically not as good (weight loss wise) as Week 1. Hearing that, made me sad. Week 1 wasn't fabulous for me - but I am still trying to be as optimistic as I can. Some days will be better than others.

VLCD Day 8:

3.5 oz Chicken
2 C of Raw Spinach
2 Thin Grissini Sticks
3.5 oz of Lean Ground Beef with Mustard
2 C of Steamed Asparagus
2 Thin Grissini Sticks

This totals about 365 Calories.

VLCD Day 9:

3.5 oz of Chicken
2 C of Raw Celery
1 Rectangular Melba Toast (plain...boo)
3.5 oz of Lean Steak
2 C of Steamed Asparagus
2 Thin Grissini Sticks
1 Medium Orange

This totals about 498 Calories. I was close that day to my 500 Calorie limit because Steak has the most calories, and I had a fruit. Today was a rough day for me, as I was entirely too cranky!

VLCD DAY 10:

3.5 oz of Chicken
2 C of Raw Celery
1 Rectangular Melba Toast
3.5 oz of Lean Steak
2 C of Steamed Spinach
2 Thin Grissini Sticks
1 Medium Apple with Cinnamon

This totals about 490 Calories.

VLCD DAY 11:

3.5 oz of Chicken
2 C of Raw Celery
1 Rectangular Melba Toast
3.5 oz of Lean Ground Bison with Mustard and Pepper
2 C Steamed Asparagus with a splash of Frank's
2 Thin Grissini Sticks

This totals about 340 Calories. I wanted to have an Orange, but by the time I wanted to get it, it was 10:00 PM. HCG Protocol or not, I am not eating past 8:00 or 9:00 PM at the latest.

And this brings us to today...the half way point for my VLCD portion of the Protocol. (Unless I decide to extend it, which, let's be honest, isn't likely.)

VLCD DAY 12:

3.5 oz of Chicken
2 C of Raw Celery
1 Rectangular Melba Toast
3.5 oz of Lean Ground Bison with Mustard
2 C Steamed Spinach with Garlic
2 Thin Grissini Sticks
1 Medium Orange (which I will have tonight around 8:00 PM)

This totals about 375 Calories.

So I was told by the consultants where I bought my drops that my bison was lean, but maybe don't have it as it's not as lean as like....0% fat. (PS - I looked everywhere for the leanest meat...finally I went to Whole Foods, and it's lean and organic...I think it's fine.) I highly doubt that it will matter at all, so I am going to continue eating it on occasion. It's leaner than Ground Beef, and that is allowed. Anyway, it's not like the diet / protocol has been working for me up to this point anyhow. I will not cheat. I will continue to eat (like a rabbit) as the diet requires. I will continue to drink water until I pop (about 100-130 oz a day) and I will TRY to be positive. It's not working so well, is it? ;)

"The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you are willing to work." - Oprah Winfrey

Well Oprah, I'm working. I'm even going to try and add a little cardio, even though you're not required or supposed to work out during VLCD. But I need something to get my metabolism started...Hello! Metabolism...WAKE UP! :)

That's all...oh! And thanks to all my new Twitter followers - you're awesome!

XOXO
Kaitlyn

Comments

Popular Posts