Happy 2009!

How are ya'll? I'm great...Christmas was fantastic.

Eric and I went to church on Christmas Eve...


...Then had a nice dinner at a cute place by our house.






In the morning, we celebrated at our home together in Nashville...We had WAY TOO many presents but are completely grateful!




That afternoon, we went to see Marley and Me, and Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman (and family) were 2 rows behind us - just causally hanging out. SO NOT LIKE LA! There was no paparazzi...No bodyguards...No one bothered them. It was very cool. The movie was great, but VERY sad...If you haven't seen it, see it...but bring tissues. That evening, we made dinner and relaxed. The next morning, we hung out and ran a few errands but in the evening he dropped me off at the airport...my parents are seriously awesome and flew me home for 2 days to spend the holiday with the family. They offered to fly Foo home with me, but he wanted to stay here - for many reasons. Mainly because we just got here, and he didn't want to hurt his parents feelings. I understood, but we both agreed, that was the LAST holiday time we'd spend apart. :)

At home I had a fun-filled, and super packed time! I gave my family their Nashville gifts (I tried to be creative):

Mom - Moose Munch, Golf Balls and a golf certificate to play a course in Nashville.
Dad - Shoney's gift card (inside joke), Gold Balls and a golf certificate to play a course in Nashville.
Ryan - A Local Nashville Beer, Golf Balls, and golf certificate to play a course in Nashville.
Kim and Brian - Eric and I tasted at a vineyard here, and got them a Syrah and a Raspberry dessert wine with matching chocolate truffles.
Savannah - Pink glittery cowgirl rain boots.
Owen - Cute pants with a guitar on the pocket with a matching polo shirt.

They seemed to like their gifts. Anyway, we went to the mall to do some shopping, I ran into an old friend Stephanie who looks as gorgeous as ever, and we had lunch at a favorite restaurant of mine - Z Tejas. My Dad cooked some wonderful meals, we played games, I played with my niece and nephew...it was a very special, albeit QUICK trip.










PS - I hate flying. Especially layovers. Knowing I have to go up and down once is bad enough...but TWICE??? Yikes. Yes, I cried...the flights in and out of Denver were SCARY! Super bumpy. Anyway - maybe I will go to the doctor about my serious flying anxiety...

When I got back to Nashville, Eric and I ran a few errands and - as usual - hung out. :) We went to a few new restaurants, watched a LOT of movies, and he's practiced while I've cleaned and set up the house, and tried to write...Also, I've started training for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon. It's in April, and my brother and his buddy Luke are coming out for it. I've already done one, so I am pretty excited.

ANYWAY - for the 2009 celebration, Eric and I started off at the FREEZING Music City Bowl. We had AMAZING seats and Vandy won! Woohoo! We literally froze...check the photos. Haha!






Then we got some french champagne, started a fire, and watched movies. At midnight, we - (try not to get too sick) - slow danced to "our" song. IT WAS SO CUTE...Seriously. :o) Then I got a call from my oldest best friend Chels and SHE GOT ENGAGED! YAY! She is such a gorgeous soul, and so is her future hubby - I am so happy for them...ps, the ring is just as pretty as she is! :) (This is a photo of Chels' fiancee Michael, Chels, Me and Eric at a music venue in Nashville a few weeks ago~pre-engagement!)




New Years Day we moved a little slower than usual, but eventually got ourselves to Sam's, a local sports bar to watch USC dominate Penn State. YIPPEE!!!

I can tell....2009 is going to be a fantastic year...WHAT DO YOU THINK??? Happy New Year Ya'll...

Comments

Popular Posts