20 Weeks Down + To Go

She measured at 12"...
babies are, on average, about 10" per The Bump.

Heartbeat 144bpm.

HOW FAR ALONG?:
 20 Weeks + 1-3ish Days -- depending on who you ask. The doctor won't change my due date, even though baby girl is measuring 20 weeks and 3 days (but mentally, I CHANGED MY DATE, lol. Those days count.

MATERNITY CLOTHES: Still wear comfort gear, but mostly maternity clothes. 

STRETCH MARKS?:  None yet. I didn't get any last time, but I feel this time will be different. 

SLEEP?: Not sleeping very well, but that's okay. It's not making me crazy... yet. 

BEST MOMENT THIS/LAST WEEK?: Mom and Dad came to visit. We had a fun-filled (packed) week. Recap below. 

We also got to see little miss Lyla, but she was a stinker and hid her face. I'll have to go back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound to check on her head and her heart, along with my glucose test. 


Her chin is down, touching her chest. She didn't want to move her head...
her legs and arms, however, were a different story. ;)
WORST MOMENT?: Saying goodbye to Gigi and Pop, and not seeing more of our little girl. 

But regarding the pregnancy, I have had pretty severe back pain. I got out of bed late one night, and stepped on my right leg - and fell down in pain. I have had spasms and such since, and heat pads, baths and an occasional Tylenol or Fioricet are my friends. We'll eventually go see a chiropractor or masseuse, but until then - I will be okay. 

MOVEMENT?: I feel her wiggling, but in true Lyla fashion, every time someone puts their hand on my belly (like Eric, Cooper or my mom), she stops. Silly girl. Already challenging me. 

MISS ANYTHING?: Duh. But I'm doing okay. Home stretch, right?

FOOD CRAVINGS?: I guess sweets lately. And burritos. But... have been sneaking in healthy food. ;) 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Not really... but some things are easier to digest than others. 

SHOWING YET?: So much. 

GENDER?: Sweet - and already giving us a run for our money - baby girl, Lyla Jaks. 

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: Back pain. I am more emotional, but I don't think I've been like... irrational. I cry a lot. But I also smile and laugh a lot. 

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: In and wiiiiiiide. 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On for the moment.  

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Mostly happy. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Seeing more of our home. Seeing my family. Seeing more of Lyla. Loving on my incredible son. Celebrating the 7th anniversary of our wedding with my wonderful husband. 


Visit Recap:

My parents arrived late Tuesday night. We hung out for a bit, and then headed to bed. 

Wednesday, we went to see the new house and then met Eric for lunch at The Local Taco. After that, we went to the library and a few other little things. Eric cooked dinner for us at home. It was a fun, family-filled day. 


Enjoying the nice weather, while we had it.

Gigi's new putter!

My firstborn. My love. My Cooper Nash.
Thursday, Cooper went to school, and Mom, Dad and Eric played a round of golf at The Hideaway in College Grove / Arrington. While it was slightly chilly, it was totally doable and beautiful. I worked a bit and then met them. We went to look a houses in the neighborhood for them - for fun. Then lunch. Then got Cooper. Then Eric cooked for us at home.

Eric went to work on Friday, but Dad, Mom, Cooper and I went to the zoo (after a stop to quickly re-look at The Hideaway community) and had a fun picnic. It was another chilly day, so we bundled up. We saw so many animals, and Pop Pop even took Cooper (who was SO excited) on his first "big boy ride."

Welcome to the Nashville Zoo.

Pop and Coop on The Flying Eagle - Coop's 1st big boy ride.
On Saturday, Eric and Pop left super early to play golf. The temp had dropped dramatically (we're talking 60s the day before to high 20s) and it took them an hour to get to the course to learn the tournament had been postponed due to ... get this ... snow. Mom, Coop and I woke up to flurries, then snow... then, it stuck! It was beautiful. The boys made it back safely and we decided to make the best of the weather - so we played in the snow! Built a Bat-Snow-Man, threw snowballs, walked the pugs... it was a blast, and very pretty. Also. Cold. After that, we got ready and went to lunch at Kalamatas. Following that, Pop, Cooper and Eric went and saw The Lego Batman movie while Mom and I tried our very best to shop. We had minor success, but not "Mom / KK success." Then we had a fun dinner at Las Palmas. Following that, we headed home and watched Keeping Up with the Joneses. It was... exactly what it looked like. ;)

Nothing quite like starting the day with our very own Caped Crusader.



Snow Angels with Dadoo.

The boys got up early again on Sunday morning, and drove back to the golf tournament at Greystone. It was even colder (but not snowing). They didn't play amazing, but they had a nice time. Mom, Cooper and I went to church, had lunch at home, then ran errands and had a fun day. Eric's folks came over Sunday night and we had a nice home-cooked family meal. They hung around a while, but when they left, we watched The Accountant.

Monday was a big day: Lyla's close-up...aka, 20 week ultrasound. The cute little stinker had her arm in front of her head, so the technician could only get a sub-partial view of her head and heart. I have to go back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound for a clearer picture, along with my glucose test. After that, we saw the PA (Dr. Redden was in delivery) who gave some tips on what can help with my back pain, but said to keep them updated. After the appointment, we drove by the house and it is coming along (our frame review is set for the end of the month). We enjoyed lunch in Franklin at Puckett's (I worked, too). Then we stopped by some more homes for my folks - for fun - and popped into a furniture store to look at stuff for the new home. Then, we came home, met up with Eric, and headed to our last meal out at Burger Republic. After Cooper headed to bed, the grown-ups played 6 rounds of Fibbage... it was hilarious.

Puckett's.

Burger Republic.

Early Tuesday morning, we're talking before the sun came up, I took Gigi and Pop to the airport. I miss them already. I know they're coming back in June (to help us move) and July (to meet Lyla) -  but I miss them. And yes, I know they were only looking for fun, but the chance that they could move here is very exciting to me. Family is everything. I miss everyone, every day.

Okay, the end. I am going to go back to work, then take a bath to soak my back. Ouchie! 





Comments

Popular Posts