An "Ah-Ha" Moment Worth Sharing

My 6 month post will be coming soon, but I had to share this "ah-ha" moment I had the other day, and it's sticking with me.

Background:  My sweet, beautiful, Jesus-loving, incredible friend Lisa has three amazing children {Jake, Jaxton and the newest addition, Ms. Jenna Grace}.  One of those three angels just happens to be hanging out with Jesus now.  Jaxton.  Even before he was born just over 2 years ago, Jaxton was a special little dude.  Lisa's world was rocked when she and her husband learned that Jaxton had Trisomy 13 and a few other medical issues.  Doctors told her the very difficult news that Jaxton's diseases made him incompatible with life, and gave her the even more difficult options.  Can you imagine what it would be like to hear that news?  I can't.  I can't even... {tears..}.  She is such a strong, Godly woman.  She made the choice to carry baby Jaxton to term, and got to meet her amazing little man.  Jaxton lived {with serious medical help} for 14 days, and then God swooped him up and took him to Heaven.  He must have been one really cool dude. 

So what's my point?  Lisa went through hell and back, but she is still one of the most loving, wonderful women I have the pleasure of knowing...and she is one kick-ass {excuse me} mom and wife, philanthropist, etc.....and friend. 

So the other day I was having a particularly tough moment.  Cooper wasn't sleeping, I was a mess, all of us were sick, and I felt like I was on the verge of a breakdown.  I finally calmed Cooper - and before drifting back to sleep {which I knew would be short-lived}, I checked Facebook.  Lisa's status update read: 

"Tonight my arms are aching for Jaxton." 
 
 

My heart broke into a million pieces for her.  My "ah-ha" moment:  What in the world do I have to complain about?  My son is happy, {mostly} healthy, incredible...and guess what?  He's here.  With me.  I get to hold him.  Hug him.  Kiss him.  Love on him.  Watch him grow.  Raise him to be an incredible man.  I get him....every day.  I will not take that for granted.  Ever.  What a blessing he is.  Every moment of every day, I am blessed. 

My Blessings.


{If you'd like to read about Jaxton, which I highly recommend you do, check out Lisa's blog here.}

Jaxton Oliver Mark Husmann. 

Comments

Popular Posts