It's Okay To Have A Bad Day

It's okay to have a bad day.  You don't ALWAYS have to be happy, full of sunshine, positive and love everything.  There.  I said it. 
 
Okay...I swear...even though I AM in a good mood today...I've been thinking...{always dangerous}...that, while I have SO STINKING MUCH to be grateful for...I have had some serious crap-tastic luck lately.  I don't think that it's a bad thing to occasionally have just a plain ol', "Woe is me," terrible, no good, awful, really bad day.  Sometimes I just want to punch motivational quotes that I see on Pinterest in the face for making me feel guilty that I am wearing my negative pants.  Don't feel guilty.  We're all entitled to have a bad day here and there.  {Here and there...not...all the time.} 
 
It was yesterday for me...
Yesterday and a few days before, too!
 
Let me explain by giving an example...Eric and I learned recently that we owe our "lovely" government A LOT of money.  Thousands.  How?  I don't know.  It's not like we're rollin' in the dough.  We just happen to fall into a shitty {sorry Mom} tax bracket, and he did some freelance work so we got taxed huge for that.  But still.  Thousands.  In my positive state of mind I think, "Well, it could be worse.  We could owe $20,000.00+ like some people."  But in my realistic, kinda pissed off at the government state of mind I think..."Shut up, positive state of mind.  We could also NOT OWE ANYTHING!!!  We could get money back, which we need, instead of paying for shitty, lazy {again, sorry Mom} people to sponge off of us...(etc. etc. etc.)"  I could go on and on about that, but I won't. :)  You're welcome.
 
Anyway - that's how I feel about most things.  Conflicted.  More examples?  You got it. 
 
-While I am happy and beyond grateful that my son is {mostly} healthy, happy, so much fun, so charming and gorgeous...I just wish we could get him healthy and sleeeeeeeeeeeping.  Oh sleep.  I miss you so. 
-While I am happy that we have a beautiful new home that is ours, I just wish that it was closer to family.  Let's say in...Scottsdale?  Orange County?  I dunno.  Just not 2,500 miles away.  
-While I am happy that I have a job with fantastic co-workers and bosses, I wish I was doing a job I loved.  I would really like to be fulfilled by the work I do and enjoy going to work every day.  {But I do work with extremely nice folks...which is something.}     
-While I am happy that I ...umm...don't have a serious disease to fight like so many people, I just wish my family could get well.  I can't believe how many times we have been to the doctor in 2 months.  I think, just off the top of my head, it's been about 15-20 visits in 2 months for the 3 of us.  And we're all still sick.   
-Banjo, Homeowner Issues, Etc... 
 
So...let's get real.  Being grateful and finding your blessings in even the most desperate times is helpful.  Literally, it can turn your bad day into something special.  But sometimes, soooooooooooometimes...you're allowed to be in a bad mood.  A little pissed off.  A little worn down.  A little..."Why am I the only one dealing with this?!!?!?!?!?!" when you're not, but it feels like it.  A little mad.  A little selfish.  It's okay to have a bad day sometimes.  Because everyone's life is different.  What's bad to you, may not be so bad to others...but who cares?  It's bad TO YOU, at the moment, and that's OKAY!  If nothing else, for me, it makes me appreciate the good times a little lotta bit more. 
 
So cheers to the shitty days...because they make the good days a little bit brighter!  {If you're having a bad day, this is your cue to tell me to go where the sun don't shine. ;)



Comments

Popular Posts