Why My Husband Is Awesome...

Random post today...please bear with the cheese.  

I am feeling such an overwhelming amount of love for my amazing husband that I felt compelled to write about him and just how awesome he is.  I obviously can't list all the reasons why he is awesome, there are far too many.  So, I decided I will just list the first 5 - okay 10 - that come to mind, even though I know I could list about a million things.  
(I was going to go super specific on these, but I found myself increasing the number of reasons from 5 to 10 to 20...etc...so I narrowed them down and made them a little more general, that way I could list more specific descriptions - Cheater, cheater...I know.  I am so lame.  Lol.)     

1.  Let's start with the most recent news:  He just completed his first 1/2 Marathon!  

That's 13.1 y'all!  We started training together in like...November.  Then, January 1, I found out I was preggo and stopped training so intensely.  I do the elliptical instead of run.  It would have been so easy for him to stop training, and just workout like I was doing - but he stuck with it.  And this past weekend, he finished The 2012 Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville with an amazing finish time of 2:49!  I am so proud of him.  


2.  He cooks for me.  

Like...how lucky can one girl get?  Our household isn't the stereotypical "Southern home."  I don't cook and clean (oops) every day and get him his slippers with a beer in hand.  (I do make him drinks and treats tho...lol.)  We split the chores fairly evenly - which has been pretty nice.  I will occasionally cook and I do all the baking, but he rocks it in the kitchen almost every night of the week - always asking me if I want anything in particular, especially now that I am pregnant.  And if I have a craving, he goes and gets it for me...  I mean.  Seriously???  Lucky lady, right here.

Just 1 example:  His famous chili - haven't had this in a while...it may be time.
Another fav of mine:  his jalapeno pesto!
 
Okay, this preggo is hungry.
3.  He's handsome.  

(If he reads this, he'll probably kill me...but whatever, he is.)  I am still so very attracted to him, and hope that our son gets his good looks.  (And of course his intelligence and kind heart, too!)  


4.  He works hard.  

Eric has a full time job that is pretty demanding, but has taken it upon himself to work a part time gig from home at night doing freelance web development for another company.  (Still makes time for me, too.  He's Superman.)  He is working so hard to save money so that our life as a little family can be as amazing and stable as possible.  He is also trying to learn as much as he can so that he can stay sharp and in demand in his ever-changing, fast-paced industry!  

5.  He plays hard and enjoys life.  

(This will be a long one.)  There is a time and a place to be serious...and I'm pretty sure he lost the directions to that time and place.  ;)  He will occasionally quote the character Russell (David Spade) from the TV show Rules of Engagement - when people say, "Are you ever serious?"  Russell responds, "Tried it once...wasn't funny."  Ha.  He can be serious when the time is right, but he is certainly a light hearted, mostly carefree guy.  He's hilarious, so much fun, and keeps busy with hobbies that he loves.  
He plays in a softball league, he's in an amateur golf tour tournament, he goes out shopping and to movies with me, he still plays and loves the drums (talenteddddd!!), he's making his own beer (we'll do wine together once I am able to enjoy it!), we work out together, we go on hikes, he plays with our puppies which is stinkin' adorable, he wants to get bikes, etc.  But he is also content having a relaxing / lazy day with me at home.  Love it.
He genuinely loves to enjoy life and have a great time - which isn't something everyone can say.  I admire his positive attitude and love of life!

Our pups - Ukulele and Banjo with my Foo.


6.  He loves me.  

Best feeling ever.  There are days that I feel worthless, hideous, or even just worry too much - and somehow he manages to read the situation, uuuuusually correctly, and make me feel better.  He constantly tells  me that he loves me and how beautiful I am.  He rubs my feet and back any time I want.  He watches The Bachelor with me (umm, hello, it must be love!).  He makes me laugh every day.  He tries so hard to surprise me...and so much more.  I am so lucky in love.  


7.  He loves family.  

He loves my family and fits in like he's always been a part of it.  It's so easy for him to get along with and feel comfortable around them.  He also loves his family, and is growing to be more and more like his Dad every day.  Ha - hilarious.  Cooper is in for a treat. 



8.  He surrounds himself with amazing friends, and gets along with EVERYONE.  

Not much else to say here.  Self-explanatory, right? ;)  We love our friends...they're awesome.  I think it's also pretty cool that Eric is so laid back, that he gets along with just about anyone.    



9.  He has dreams and goals.  

While he's perfectly content living life "in the now," he has dreams and goals for our future.  I love when we have our little talks about what we think our life together holds for us - what we want to do, where we want to live, what kind of houses we like, where we should travel, how many kids we'll have, etc.  I can't believe I married the perfect guy for me.    

And finally...

10.  He is my best friend.  

I told my mom while we were visiting California, "You know how I know I picked the right guy?  I really, genuinely like being around him.  My life is better with him around, and he's absolutely my best friend.  I'm so happy."  She smiled.  She knows I picked the right one too.  I think she knew from Day 1 - June 30th, 2007 - at my band auditions.  The first day I laid eyes on the man that changed and saved my life.  

The love of my life.  My best friend.  My Lobster.  My Foo.  My Husband...and now, the Father to our son, Cooper - who is coming soon!   I can't wait to start another JOURNEY with this incredible man.  Man, he's going to be a good Dad.  He's certainly already the best friend and best husband I could ever ask for. 
     




Comments

Popular Posts