Meet Cooper Anderson Kambestad

Well folks, I was right - Baby K is officially A BOY!!!


We'd like you to meet Cooper Anderson Kambestad.



Eric and I arrived and went right to the ultrasound room.  The tech was very nice, and accommodating.  Baby was moving around like crazy, but she didn't have a hard time at all getting the information that she needed.  I brought the PINK and BLUE stuffed cookies with us and when the time came to check out the gender area, Eric left the room.  I said to the tech, "It's a boy, huh?"  She said, "Yes, I was so afraid your husband would notice. This little guy has no problem showing it off."  Lol.  Oh Cooper.  I cried, and was so excited to share the news with my wonderful husband.   Eric came back in the room and I handed him a cookie.  After he bit in, he smiled and said, "I thought so.  Today was the first day I had doubts about my guess of it being a girl."  He was so excited and he hugged me.  I cried again.  What a hot mess I am.


We are so overjoyed and excited that we get to call baby boy by his name.  We learned that Cooper weighs about 13+oz (almost a whole pound!), has a heart rate of 151 BPM, has 10 fingers and 10 toes, and all of his organs and spine look great!  He's a healthy lil' guy, and the due date is still on for 9/13/12 - Gigi's birthday, which she is happily willing to give up for baby boy, Cooper.

This mama is doing well too.  I discussed my weight with my doc because she could tell that I was concerned, lol (total gain so far - 9 pounds)...and I just have to make sure not to gain much more over the next 2 months because apparently weeks 30-40 are when Cooper will GROW GROW GROW, which means I will GROW GROW GROW about 1 to 2 pounds a week.  Holy. Yikes.  She didn't seem too worried and said I was doing well, but to watch it.  I am still within range of my 25-35 pound gain goal, but "it's when it gets to 40+, we'll need to worry."   I promptly responded with, "Then there is no need to worry.  I'm NOT putting on over 30..."  Lol.  We talked about my migraines, and the weird heartbeat issue I've been having as well.  She is going to continue to watch me, but thinks that it's the increased hormones, along with little other things like dehydration (which surely must be impossible since I drink at least 2L of water a day!) or high/low blood sugar, etc.  During our next appointment, I will have my Glucose test done (where they make sure I don't have diabetes), and she is also going to do a thyroid test to check on everything.  She also might order for a cardiologist to check me out if I am still having issues.  Other than that - all looks great!!!

Man I can't wait to meet this little guy!

After we left the doctor's office, we went straight to Fed Ex and shipped the BLUE cookies to my folks and to Eric's folks.  I couldn't wait to share the news with everyone.  It was torture being asked by some of my best friends and co-workers - but I stayed strong...ish.  Lol.  We finally got to break the news...I will post the videos later! :)  YAY!

For those wondering how we picked his name:

COOPER - My Grandma's brother, Cooper McCauslen - best man of Grandma & Grandpa Jenkins' wedding.  My Grandpa was one of my best friends and my inspiration.  His eyes sparkled, his smile warmed my heart, he inspired creativity, made me laugh, taught me new things every day, and he was...a man who touched and changed people's lives.  My Grandpa's name was John Oscar Jenkins - and while I love him and those names, we didn't feel that our son was a John or an Oscar.  So, my next thought was to incorporate some names of people in our family...Roy, Tom, Palmer, etc...then I thought of Cooper - which was the winner.
(Sadly, Grandpa J has not been with us since 2001, but Grandma E is doing well at age 92!   My Dad's parents:  Roy passed before I was born, but Jeanne and her husband of many years, Les, are both doing great, too!)

ANDERSON - My maiden name.  I wanted to be sure to honor my immediate family - I love my parents (Eric's in-laws), and I know the role they play in our son's life will be tremendous.

KAMBESTAD - Our family's last name.  We honor our parents (my in-laws) with this last name, and all of the Kambestad's.  I am so glad that our son will continue the Kambestad legacy.  






Comments

kduprey said…
So happy for you! Cooper is an adorable name. Thank you for sharing the wonderful news with all of us :)
Amanda said…
aww, congrats on little Cooper!!!! our ultrasounds is next week, i'm sooooo excited
Thank you ladies! :) XXOO

Popular Posts