20 Weeks - We're Halfway There!



(btw - I hate this picture. Like a lot.) :(

HOW FAR ALONG?: 20 (slightly painful) weeks! Halfway there...

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: Too many pounds. I totally fell off the "eating healthy with a few minor cheats" wagon, and went all out cheaty pants in the last week. Woops. Clearly time to get back on track.

MATERNITY CLOTHES: Heck to the yes. Belly has popped. (Was told today by co-workers...lovely.)

STRETCH MARKS?: On my behind, sure. Belly, not yet. Hello gym. We need to become better friends.

SLEEP?: GOT A BODY PILLOW! Pretty stoked. Back to waking up for restroom breaks, but otherwise, it's been nice. I heart our bed.

BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: I finished The Hunger Games trilogy - so Eric and I had an awesome date night to see the movie. I love weekends with my hubs. We always find / create fun. Even if it's stayin' in...which it seems we'll be doing a lot of in a few months. ;)

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: We decided to check out a few day care centers to get the ball rolling, per a co-workers suggestion. Apparently there is this thing called...a wait list...that we hadn't even considered. Oops. We've only been to one thus far (with 2 upcoming appointments) and I won't reveal it - but let me say politely - our child will NOT be going to that day care. Not a great neighborhood, old and run down, SMELLY (ew), weird teachers / supervisors...just overall, reallllllly bad. To top off the crap sundae with a rotten cherry - it was expensive, especially for what it was. I had no idea that average day care centers were $1K+ a month. Naive? Maybe... So, now I know and we have something to judge the upcoming 2 appointements against. And something to budget and save for. Crap.

Also, sadly a few folks from work were let go last Friday. That was rough. Some were friends. Close friends. One was on his birthday. Tough. I will pray for them and hope that God lights a path for them to find a new job and happiness asap. I won't say too much about it because I am sooo grateful I have the job that I do...but it is a major bummer.

Finally, I've been having these weird moments where my heartbeat, out of nowhere, will just pump uncontrollably fast and loud. So loud, in fact, that it's all my ears can hear...thud thud thud. I'm not doing anything strenuous, not thinking about anything stressful...just happens out of nowhere. So bizarre. I'll be asking my doc about that tomorrow for sure! And yes, still having migraines. Fioricet is my friend.

MISS ANYTHING?: Cheers. (Vino & Champagne. Even a cocktail, like a vodka tonic or a rum and diet. Or whiskey on the rocks. I'm so weird.) And SUSHI!

MOVEMENT?: Had a little, stopped for a while. Hoping baby is all right. I guess we'll see on Wednesday...Can't wait!

FOOD CRAVINGS?: Crap crap crap. Doritos. Junk Food. Sweets. Crap. Now I see why my doc warned me that some ladies "let it go" in the 2nd trimester, and it's bad. Yikes. Getting my buns to the gym.

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Same ol'.

GENDER?: TOMORROW!!! Holy cow I'm too excited. I am making gender reveal cookies in both BLUE and PINK, and after our appointment, we'll send the appropriate treats to our folks. EEEE!!!!
http://www.sugarderby.com/blog/2011/3/3/gender-reveal-cookies-hey-baby-hey.html

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: Migraines. Moods are fine. :)

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: In and huge.

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On.

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Happy happy happy - but upset that I am getting fat. (I do work out, and walk the dogs...Okay??) Lol...

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Obviously tomorrow. Then for all of our upcoming visitors. Chad and Erin in May, Eric's birthday (and some family members), my folks, Eric's folks, and then potentially my baby shower in July!! :) Lots going on. Hoping September will be here before we know it!

WARNING: I wrote this post last night, and woke up on the wrong side of the fat ass bed this morning. I have never felt more fat / uncomfortable / upset in my entire life, and this will likely be the last photo I post. I know I am probably just having a moment - can you say mood swing? - but I have gained, and gained. It's part of the process, I get it. Just...having a day.

Comments

That heartbeat thing you're feeling is most likely the baby hiccuping! I felt it for the first time this week and it was amazing! (and scary initially)
Interesting Cheyenne. I haven't heard of that! Well I hope it's that...that would be a fun explanation - way more than having to get an EKG. ;)
lauren brittany said…
You look amazing! Don't worry about the lbs! I gained 29 lbs and lost all but 6 lbs at 10 days pp. Keep working out lightly (i rode my bike and walked) and eat mostly healthy and you will be fine!!!
Kelly said…
I gained 48....holy crap, right?! 20 of that in just the last 4 weeks, 36-40. Dylan is 10 weeks today, and I'm only 5 pounds away from my pre-preg weight. So, as frustrating as it is to gain, just know it will come off. That is so much easier said than done, though! I complained about my weight constantly, no shame! You're allowed to feel however you want girl!
Unknown said…
How did you manage to write so neatly on that board?? I haven't attempted it yet but I'm SURE mine will be a mess..even though I have decent handwriting!

Popular Posts