A Cold, Exhaustion and Allergies - Oh My! (& Other News)

Yep. I'm sick. I've been sick for a few days now - but I am really trying to ignore it for many reasons: 1. If I ignore it, maybe it will go away. (That happens, right?) 2. I can't take anything anyway. 3. I am saving my work PTO (paid time off) for the trip home in April, and then for baby's arrival since my work does not do paid maternity leave. (Sad, but it's all good. Not many places do anymore, right?) Anyway, it's Wednesday now, and I officially want to wave the white flag... surrender...go home...but I will fight through this day, go home and go to sleep (yes at 5:30 PM - I'm not too good for an early bed time), and hopefully sleep this thing off...

The only problem with this plan is...I can't sleep through the night. I wake up about 3 to 5 times a night and it's so hard to fall back asleep. I know all you moms out there are probably laughing at me, saying something like, "you ain't seen nothin' yet" - but isn't this the time where I'm supposed to soak in my final few months of being able to actually...you know...SLEEP?!? Not only am I waking up to go to the restroom, I wake up because of bloody noses, and because I can't breathe...

The allergies because of pollen levels in Nashville right now are out of control. The news is saying this will likely be the worst year for allergies in a while because we had such an abnormally warm Winter. Woe is me. I just want to be able to breathe.

And sleep.

And function.

Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so. At least for the time being.

I don't mean to complain - I'm trying (poorly?) to be a lil' funny...life is actually quite good. I have the most amazing husband who spoils me not only on our anniversary, but every day.


I have an awesome family who I cannot wait to see in just a few short weeks.



We have friends who support us and who we adore. (There are too many of you to post a photo here!)

I have a job, which that in itself is pretty great.


I have 2 cute pugs who make me laugh because they are hysterical and ridiculous.


And a lil' bundle of joy on the way...and so far, everything is all good with baby.


Really. Life is good. Venting just helps. (So would sleep.) ;)

Moms out there...when did you get your body pillow? What brand (if you liked it)? And when does it start being supposedly unsafe to sleep on your back? Thanks for your help! :)

Moving on...

In other news...Grandma is done with her Cyber Knife treatments. Unfortunately they do not know whether it they have good news or the same news as before. The good news is, she handled it like a champ - not like it is almost her 92nd birthday - which it is next week. She is just very tired, which is completely normal and understandable. I am continuing my prayers for her, because even though the treatments are over, it almost gets more difficult now. Many people get pneumonia 6 weeks after treatment, and I am not sure that is something she could handle. I don't have much to report on my Uncle either. If you pray - please say a few for my family. If you don't, well-wishes are appreciated as well.


Thank you for reading. :)

Comments

Popular Posts