14 Weeks - Hello 2nd Trimester, you look lovely!


HOW FAR ALONG?: 14 Beautiful (ish) Weeks. I gladly welcome the 2nd Trimester!!!
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: Welp. I don't know. I'd guess around 3+ pounds. It looks like WAY more though, lol.
MATERNITY CLOTHES: Have started wearing the Bella Band, and I love LOOSE tops. Feel free to buy me cute things, and send them my way. (Thanks!)
STRETCH MARKS?: I feel them coming soon. Will have to invest in some kind of stretch mark cream. I hear Mustela is a must - but it's so pricey. Mom readers, is it worth it?
SLEEP?: Not sleeping great. Don't know what the deal is, but I wake up multiple times in the night.
BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Date night with my wonderful husband. We enjoyed some fun mexican food at Taco Mamacita! He's been busy lately, so it was awesome to have time together, sans iPhones, laptops, etc.
WORST MOMENT? Well on Saturday, I felt amazing - so I ran errands all morning, and then went to the gym for a little while. After the gym, I ran to Target to grab an Anniversary card and a birthday card for my Grandma's 92nd...and while I was standing there...I got a bizarre tingly sensation and became overwhelmingly overheated. I rushed to the restroom but it was closed for cleaning. So I sat against the wall and slid down, and waited for the Family Restroom to become available. I blacked out for a moment, and there was a woman there who said, "Bless your heart. Can I get you anything?" I smiled and said I was all right... Then I went into the restroom and splashed my face with cold water. I felt okay enough to drive, and got home - where I rested for the remainder of the day. This was the second time it happened, so I will be sure to let the doctor know - but it was probably just low blood sugar or something. Note to self, keep water and almonds in purse at all times.
MOVEMENT? Not yet. Doc says it will be about another month.
MISS ANYTHING?: Still...wine. Also, sushi n' sake dates were some of my favs...so I miss that as well.
FOOD CRAVINGS?: Everything Bagels with Non-Fat Cream Cheese. Homemade double decker tacos (slightly more healthy than Taco Bell).
ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Almost everything. Ha!
SHOWING YET? Definitely looking chubby. I wonder if people think I just need to do sit-ups, or if they can tell baby K is coming. Lol.
GENDER PREDICTION? I've been having dreams that it's a BOY. Eric is still confident that baby is a GIRL. I asked friends what they thought on Facebook, and it was a split vote. We shall see in about 4-6 weeks.
SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: Migraines are killing me. Other than that, and a couple of back pains from the bloat and weight change... I feel so much better!
BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: In and huge.
WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On.
HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Mostly HAPPY!
LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Same ol'... Our next appointment on the 28th, our vacation in a few weeks, and then finding out baby's gender!!! Can't wait to start shopping for our little peanut!

Comments

Jenny Whitaker said…
Hi Beautiful Mama-to-be,
You are looking wonderful! I wanted to tell you that the stretch mark cream didn't do much for me. But if you want to try one - I have heard that (although a newish product) Bethenny Frankel (Skinnygirl) has some AMAZING products - I have seen some testimonials about how good her "pregnant" mama skincare line works - and I would definitely give it a try - especially because the cost is much less than the mustela, which for me, didn't work at all! And that black out/light-headed/hot thing - sometimes is related to anemia which can be onset with pregnancy - or just a lack of proper blood flow to you. Our bodies are amazing and they make sure our babies get what they need- on the downside, we will lack what we need if there isn't enough to go around. Sometimes that means low blood pressure or anemia... easily solved - especially if it comes because of too much activity. But definitely worth talking to your doctor about.

I can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl! I found the most adorable shirt if it is a girl. I had to buy it because it was just too perfect - you'll have to wait to see why - so if it is a boy, well I guess I will just save it until next time - but if it is a girl you have a very appropriate, very cute girls shirt coming your way!

Sending lots of love and prayers your way! PS - how are your grandma and Uncle doing with their treatments? They have also been in my prayers!
Hi Jenny!!

Thank you so much for writing!!! My uncle and Grandma are hanging in there...not much to report yet. Can't wait to announce the gender...stay tuned!

XOXO
KK
Amanda said…
you could try some extra virgin, organic coconut oil as a moisturizer.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

i use it on my face (i think it really saved me from any pregnancy acne, etc.) and on my belly at least once a day. it's also antibacterial, antiviral, antiviral! sooo many benefits :) and i've heard from another blogger mommy that she used it to reduce her stretch marks after having a baby.

Popular Posts