16 Weeks with our Avocado

Writing by me, drawing of avo by Eric.
Team work makes the dream work.

HOW FAR ALONG?:
 Nearly 16.5 Weeks today. Yes, I am counting halves. You may think it sounds childish... but I don't care. Halves count. 

MATERNITY CLOTHES: Almost exclusively. I wear my PINK Boyfriend Pants a lot, along with yoga pants, but other than that... it's all mama gear. 

STRETCH MARKS?: Not yet... but I am bigger this go around, so I feel (fear?) they will make an appearance. 

SLEEP?: Nope. I can't get comfortable. I fall asleep VERY easily, I just don't stay asleep. 

BEST MOMENT THIS/LAST WEEK?: Lots of bests. 
1. Our early family Valentine's Day celebration on Saturday: Haircuts for the boys, Lego Batman movie, and then a date with my Foo. It was our 10th Valentine's celebration together and I had a blast. 

My babies + me.

2. Seeing baby girl yesterday at my 16 week appointment. Dr. Redden (who is legit the best) let Cooper up on the table with me, and he put the ultrasound wand on my belly to see his sister. She was wiggling, and you could see the love in his eyes. It was my favorite. Lyla was "standing on her head" but she looks healthy. Then Coop got to hold the wand to hear the heartbeat - about 150bpm. 

Head, Spine and Legs straight up.

3. Two playdates with friends. And when I say friends, I mean Cooper friends and mama friends. It was fun! 
4. Got good news re: taxes. Who woulda' thought that woulda' made the list?! Haha.

WORST MOMENT? Luckily, no worst moment. I'd like to sleep, and the migraines aren't fun... but let's be honest, it's all part of being pregnant and it is what it is. Generally speaking, life is good and I feel very lucky. 

MOVEMENT? Not yet. Any day now I could feel what's referred to as "the quickening" -- but so far, Lyla's wiggles have only been seen. 

MISS ANYTHING?: Wine. Especially on Valentine's Day. Eric and I went to Happy Hour before our movie date and he got some drinks - and I got a large cranberry+sprite. It was still very tasty, but I do miss wine. I also miss sushi. Every time we pass Toyama, Cooper mentions he wants to go to the "fire sushi" place... (it has teppanyaki tables, hence the fire). Well, I do too bud. I may let Eric and him have a Dad and son date without me - I'm not strong enough to go, lol. 

FOOD CRAVINGS?: No real "cravings." I still love carbs, but have been sneaking in veggies and salads whenever possible. I also love apples + PB. 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Sometimes salad, but I still eat them. Also, avocado isn't doing it for me. 

SHOWING YET?: Very much. 

GENDER?: Sweet baby girl.

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: Migraines. Right side sciatica pain. Moods are okay. 

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: In and stretched to the max. 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On. Snug, but on. 

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Mostly happy. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Mostly... July. We'll be in our new home, and baby girl will be making her debut. 

Also, March 7 - my parents arrive.  
March 13 - baby girl's big ultrasound. We'll be able to see more of her. 
March 20 - 7 years of marriage to my wonderful husband. Hoping to make a fun day of it! 
Also hoping to make it out to California for a baby shower in April - but we'll see. 


Still just slab... but we should start framing next week! 


Comments

Popular Posts