3 Months, 1 Week

Well, I am so tired that this post will likely be a short(-er than usual) one.  :)  I cannot, CANNOT believe how much has happened this past month.  Holy cow.

First of all...how cute!
Cooper did great with his 2 month shots, and was as precious as ever.  He was SO tired afterwards...bless him.  His weight gain was solid, and he's still a growin' boy. 

Cooper is now about 16 pounds.  Yes, a 3 month, 1 week old is 16 pounds.  He's sooo strong, too.  He tries to stand / walk - and he's just...well, amazing.  Here he is trying to walk on Daddy.  Pretty dang cute.  



I have to apologize...I don't even know how to start / continue this post.  My thoughts are jumbled and I am an exhausted mess because literally...SO MUCH has happened this past month, and SO LITTLE sleep has been had.  I may do bullet points or something...so please excuse me and my serious lack of creativity, spelling and grammar mistakes, and whatnot.  I also might leave stuff out, but y'all...it happens, lol.  I'm one tired mama.  One tired, absolutely smitten, in love mama. 

Giggles with my boy...
I'm going to sum up the last month+ in a few lil' updates...I hope they make a little sense, and I hope you enjoy.

COOPER UPDATE:
Cooper is the most wonderful baby that has ever lived.  I'm madly in love. 

Hi...I'm adorable. 
And I love sticking my tongue out!
 
Chillin' with Sophie

Already taking control of the remote.
My cool new "ride"...Thanks Don & Susan!
That said, the poor kiddo is still having serious issues.  His gas and reflux aren't getting any better.  We've literally tried almost everything:  Increased the Zantac doseage.  Switched from Zantac to Prevacid.  Tried every kind of simethicone drop, colic calm and gripe water (we've since eliminated those, as they don't appear to be working).  Keep him upright for 15-30 minutes after feedings and burp constantly.  Switched from Similac bottles, to Avent bottles (which he loves and will ONLY take Avent pacis), to Dr. Brown's bottles (help colic and gas, apparently).  Switched to a size 2 bottle nipple so he won't have to suck as hard when eating.  Give plenty of tummy time.  Giving probiotics.  We even started unswaddling his arms last night - which we think he likes, unless he's cold.  He HATES being cold.  We also saw a chiropractor (don't worry they do not pop / crack.  The Logan technique is VERY gentle.)  The chiro was great. She taught me belly massage which helps the flow of gas, and she taught me how to move the belly down to the right to prevent reflux.  She was darling, and Cooper obviously thought so too - he was making eyes at her and smiling so HUGE!  It was precious.  Getting back on track...we're trying it all.  Everything that won't harm our boy.  I am even considering going a lil' "woo-woo" as my lovely friend Jen calls it, and buying a healing amber necklace for him.  Cray-cray, I know.  But seriously.  Willing to try anything

Coop has also decided that he doesn't like to nap or sleep.  Ever.  Ha.  He wakes up 30 minutes into naps (seriously, every time, time it - it's 30 minutes) and then you have to hold or rock him for the remainder almost every time.  We're trying to break that habit.  At night, he's picked up the nasty habit of waking up at 1:30 AM (or earlier) and again at 4:30 to scream and fuss.

Spying on Cooper with the monitor...

Sleepy boy after a non-sleepy night...
 
He loves bath time...and last night, Daddy taught him how to splash in about 20 seconds.  Cooper is WAY too smart, and way too strong.  "We" may regret teaching him how to splash, but it was stinkin' adorable last night. 

Cooper wants to say THANK YOU to everyone who has sent him gifts...he is so spoiled...and he deserves it. ;)
    
PARENTS UPDATE:
My parents are AMAZING.  They helped us move, watched Cooper (they LOVE him and he LOVES them right back), Dad painted the entire upstairs, they let the contractor and all of his workers in, they cooked, they helped us shop for Christmas, they babysat when we wanted to go on a date, they took him 2 nights so we could get a full nights sleep...and so.much.more.  How do people do this without help from parents?  I will never understand...  We also got to have a lovely Thanksgiving with them. 
Our Little Turkey
Eric's parents arrived on the night of the 3rd. They had the 4th with my parents there to learn the ropes and have been rocking it ever since.  They cook, they watch and love Coop, they clean, they watch him when we go out, etc.  They're WONDERFUL, and we're blessed.  We'll do an early Christmas with them before they head back West on the 22nd - and we fly out on Christmas Eve. 

The whole fam...
Now...who can we get to move here...???  No, seriously...who? 

HOUSE / MOVE UPDATE:
In front of our new, first home...
WE MOVED!!!  Success.  We are in the new place and it's coming along nicely, largely thanks to my parents!  Dad rocked the cleaning, and Mom was a packing champ.  Seriously.  Thank you.

The movers we hired to move our big furniture pieces totally ripped us off.  It was supposed to be about a $150 move, but they charged us $480.  On top of that, they broke a sconce, didn't vacuum and didn't pay for the replacement.  They also ripped our mattress in 2 places.  Lovely. 

Eric and I borrowed shopping carts from Kroger to move boxes and all of our clothes.  Seemed silly to rent a truck when we were moving 8 doors away from where we were renting.  We looked homeless, lol, but it worked really well.  It just got annoying after 50 trips...

The contractor and his team are about "2 weeks" away from finishing the basement.  As soon as everything is complete, I will post pictures.  I am so happy with our new home, new furniture, decor, and all that.  It's really a fun first home - lucky!  Oh!  It's even decorated for Christmas!   So pretty.

ERIC & MY UPDATE: 
We're doing really well, and relying on each other a lot to get through the tough, sleepless moments of parenting.  I think we're balancing it all rather well.  Some days are better than others, but that's expected.  This is hard, y'all.  :)  But I am so in love with my husband, more and more each day.  He's the best partner and friend in the world.  I am so happy I get to spend my days with him, and my mini Cooper.
 
Our family...In it together.
We've actually gone out a few times this past month (though I always want to stay home with Coop!) - to a party at our friends house for Turkey Day (the weekend AFTER actual Turkey Day), to a Christmas party at a friends, I skipped my company holiday party because we were too tired, we went to The Flying Saucer to say goodbye to a buddy, Marion, who is moving which made (makes) me sad, and maybe a few more outings.  I can't remember.  We've also had so much fun having people over...thank you to Ryan, Kaeli, Justin, Jen and more. :) 

We went shopping, and I was done with Christmas by 12/5 I think.  Cards, gifts and all.  I had to do it when I had help, and my mom.  We're good shopping buddies. 

Me & Mom shopping at the Nordy event.

Family at Nordy... <3

Gigi and Pop with Cooper at Opry Mills.
Eric has been working his tail off trying to get a few freelance projects wrapped up.  He also makes time for a little fun - video games, sippin' whiskey, golf, and he's even going to see The Hobbit with friends this weekend.  He helps with bath time, and plays with Coop a lot. 

Tongues out, Daddy!

Watchin' the Colts game.
I get to do the nightime routine with baby boy though - sincerely, lucky me:  After bath, rub calming lotion on him, brush his hair, read a story while in the rocking chair, bounce on the exercise ball and sing 3 lullabies (or Christmas songs lately), and put him down.  Some (most) times he cries when I put him down...but he'll put himself to sleep after a lil' while.  I love singing to my little man. 

Non-child related note:  I got to get in front of the camera for a friends video this past month.  Man it felt good.  I also got myself a Nashville agent.  As soon as I get new headshots (this weekend I hope) and transfer my SAG membership over from LA - I will be ready and available for auditions!  This could be nothing..but it will surely be fun.

Okay, this is all I got in me today folks.  I promise I will try and be better next time, but in the mean time, enjoy the photos of my ridiculously adorable baby boy!  See ya soon!  Peace out.

CHRISTMAS LOVE:
First visit to Santa went awesome...

Meeting Buddy, his Elf-on-the-Shelf...

Gahhh, so cute!

Mommy's Favorite Gift, indeed!

Santa Rocks!
Can't forget the puggies, Banjo & Lele.
Our Christmas letter and card will be posted soon...Other than that...I wish you all a wonderful December and holiday...and the best 2013!!! :)  All I want for Christmas is some sleep...and a fun visit with family...and a nice, smooth plane flight...and... ;)

MOMS WITH BABIES THAT DON'T SLEEP:
http://get-your-baby-to-sleep.com/8-baby-sleep-habits-to-avoid/
{What we're going to try...} http://www.sleepyplanet.com/

 

   

Comments

CasMoon said…
Cooper is absolutely adorable and you look amazing!!!
Anna said…
Gosh! How adorable is your lil' Coop!?!? You and your husband both look fantastic for little to no sleep!! You are definitely so lucky to have such amazing parents!! Best wishes and have a wonderful holiday season!!! Great blog!!!
Thank you CasMoon!! :) You're sweet.

Anna - Thanks! Cooper is the best. And for me...make up does wonders...Bobbi Brown eye concealer, to be specific! :)

Happy Holidays!

Popular Posts