VLCD is over...onto Maintenance

Well, I won't go through the long process of telling you what I ate. Let's just for the sake of time and boredom say...It wasn't flavorful, and it was under 500 calories. ;) VLCD with my HCG drops ended on July 2nd...but after the 23 days WITH the drops, you need to take 3 days on VLCD with NO drops to make sure the HCG is out of your system. It can't be in your system when you start using products with oils, etc.

The 4th of July was pretty intense. It was DAY TWO of less than 500 calories a day and no HCG drops. I ate celery sticks and a small piece of chicken. Eric and I went to a friends house, and he just happens to be a chef...So Eric indulged in a Cheeseburger, a Sausage, a Sausage Biscuit-y thing, homemade Guac and Chips, and Beer. I got through the party with a smile - even though I sat in the couch while the boys played Call of Duty. ;) Anyway, it's all fine...and now I am in Maintenance. PS - I have to say...Even though Eric has had a few things that I've been jealous of while on the protocol (like Panda Express, Beer, frozen yogurt and Indian Food), he's mostly been amazing and very supportive. I can't thank him enough. Babe, if you're reading this...I love you very much - and thank you with all my heart.

Aaaaanyway - Maintenance still has VERY strict rules, but a little more freedom, and definitely more calories. For example, I get to eat breakfast (which I usually have a piece of fruit, or 2 eggs) - AND I get to use Olive Oil to cook! YAY! It's the little things, people. Anyway, I get about 1500 calories a day now - but I am sticking to a little less than that. I am also working my assets ;) off at the gym...so I feel like I am confident this isn't a "diet." This is my new life. I will "cheat" er...."treat" myself occasionally, but mostly, this lean and green lifestyle change has been quite delish. I am not sure if it's saving us money because we go to the store ALL the time - but we used to eat out a lot...so, my best guess is, we're breaking even.

If you're considering the HCG Protocol - make sure you're committed to the 9 week process...it's not just the 3 weeks of VLCD that is tough. Also be sure that you have at least 20+ pounds to lose...anything less I would recommend to do at the gym. :)

Those are my thoughts for now! G'night y 'all.

Comments

Popular Posts