Going Crazy...Party of 1

Okay, I feel like an idiot. What does the word Maintenance mean to you? Or, let's make it even more simple; let's define it:

main·te·nance 
[meyn-tuh-nuhns]
–noun
1.
the act of maintaining.
2.
the state of being maintained.
3.
care or upkeep.

So, when you stop VLCD, you go into a phase called "Maintenance." Because of all of the summer activities I have coming up, I thought I would get started in Maintenance and stop doing VLCD, even though I still had 10 pounds I wanted (want) to lose. I don't want to make the drive to Baton Rouge for our friends wedding and pack my teeny meals. I don't want to have to time my drops around their wedding activities like I had to do around her Bachelorette Party. I don't want to sit at the wedding and sip an iced tea instead of toasting them with champagne. Etc. So...Maintenance it was.

Maintenance is still strict, and I am following all of the rules re: clean eating and no alcohol (yet), no sugars and no starches. I was under the impression I would still be able to lose while on "Maintenance" because I am literally eating like a rabbit and working my little tail off at the gym. Apparently that is just impossible. I walk Banjo every day (usually twice), Saturday I worked out hard at the gym, Sunday I played softball in 100* heat, and this morning I went to the gym as well. My weight has fluctuated in the BAD way but it still basically the SAME as when I stopped VLCD. I should have known. Maintenance means maintaining... Grrr...

Also, according to MyHCGPlus I am supposed to be eating just over 2,000 calories a day (of approved foods) because I am active. I am SO not that hungry. Not even close. They say that since I am not eating that many calories, that could be why I am fluctuating in the bad way. Makes.No.Sense.And.I'm.Going.Crazy. :)

The End.

Comments

Popular Posts