I Miss My Friends & Family

Eric and I are blessed and have such amazing friends and family...whom I miss more and more every day.

My loving father decided that he wanted his family home in Arizona for the Easter weekend, but Eric and I are on a tight budget since we're saving for weddings galore this summer and a vacation in September. So, awesome Dad that he is, flew us home.

My mom and he even invited Eric's folks over (from California) for a BBQ one night while we were there.

As I was at home, I kept hearing my family talk about doing this or that over the next few weekends, and I couldn't help but feel a little sad. Yes, I was completely grateful for the time that I was able to see them, but at the same time it made me miss them all more. I hate missing the important (and the not so important but still fun) moments, too.

One thing that really got to me was one of my great friends who was a bridesmaid in Eric's and my wedding got married this past Saturday - Jessica. Sadly, I had to miss it. Not only was it out of my budget (which I would have totally blown because I would have loved to have been there), but I had to work. In Nashville. 2,100 miles away. She got married in the gorgeous San Diego area, and I missed it.

I hope that she knows I was thinking of her and her newly acquired husband all day, and toasted them from afar. I kept stalking all of my California friends on Facebook to see what I was missing, and how gorgeous the wedding was, and how beautiful she looked. I knew she'd be a knock out. She looked breathtaking, and so completely happy. Again, I would have done anything to be there. I hated missing it, and even typing this now, I am tearing up...I miss my friends.

Luckily for me, my Dad knows that Eric and I can probably only do one vacation this Summer / Fall, so he moved the family Maui vacation from July to September. Now, not only do Eric and I get to vacation in Maui, we get to stop in California to see our friends and family...AND I also have the joy of getting to see my best friend Jennifer get married. (Jen just happens to be the stunning sister of Jessica.) While that makes me extraordinarily happy, I wish I could be there to help with it all. Jen was the best bridesmaid to me...EVER. She came to every event (so did Jess), threw my bachelorette party, made me gifts and wrote me cards, and was there for me, holding my hands the last few moments before I walked down the aisle when I got so nervous. She is thee definition of a best friend. I wish I could do all of that for her. I will certainly try my hardest from 2,100 miles away to be there for her.

*(JJ (Jess' new hubby), Jess, the fabulous Mrs. Wheeler, Jen, Brandon (Jen's fiance), and our friend Chris at Eric and my wedding)*

I am also missing family outings. My aunt and uncle from Turkey (yes, TURKEY) visited California, and my family had a BBQ for them. Missed all of that. My cousins (THREE of them) are getting married this summer. Missing those. The golf tournament that my family throws every year in memory of my Grandpa John will be missed, as well.

Friends and family. I miss you very much. Just wanted you to know. I hope to see y'all very soon. Hugs and kisses.

Comments

Popular Posts