Slightly Embarrassing New Journey

This might hurt. Me. What I mean is, it's a little embarrassing to write about yourself in a blog, but I'm doing it anyway. Who knows, maybe it'll help someone. If no one else, I think it might help me! :) While I am FULLY aware that some of my ex's, my friends and my husbands friends (a-hem) read this, I am willing to accept that while I begin the insane journey I am about to embark upon, because it is just that...a journey. And one I want to remember to boot! So here goes nothing...

First, I care WAY too much what other people think about me. Clearly. Look at the intro of this post. That is partially why I am posting this. I want to learn to take care of me, and care less about if you - whoever you are - think I am ugly / fat.

Second, if you know me, you know that I lack even the basic levels of self esteem. For many people, including my loving husband, this can be a challenge to deal with. I am and have been working on that for about as long as I've "been on a diet" - so approximately 15 years. Crazy. I'm at a point in my life where I want to make intelligent decisions, and be a happy, healthy person...especially before Eric and I try to have a baby. I was looking for something to help reset my metabolism, and get me on a good path again. I was NOT looking for Nutrisystem, or Atkins...nothing that is just a diet, that I can brake or that is a "quick fix" - then gain it all back with consuming 1 stinkin' carb. You're probably thinking - diet and exercise, eat lean and green, etc. Well my friends, I work out 3 to 4 times a week (varied exercises to ensure I am not doing the same thing every time) and I have been watching my diet. :) This is why I want to try and reset my metabolism. Which brings me to the point of my "Slightly Embarrassing New Journey."

I am going to do the HCG Protocol. I am skipping the injections (ouch), and doing the homeopathic drops. While on this protocol, I will also be doing a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet = 500 Cal/Day). If you don't already know, here is what the Protocol is - courtesy of MyHCGPlus, where I got my drops:



I obviously can't tell you that this works for everyone, or that it will for sure do the trick for me. I can't tell you that I will feel totally fine during the process. I can't tell you that I won't be hungry or dizzy. And I most certainly cannot tell you that it will be easy. What I can tell you is, people who I love and trust (who shall remain nameless) have done this, and it worked for them - and they have maintained their success. So, I am going to give it one heck of a shot. I can't start for about a week or two, but I will be tracking my progress here, and letting y'all know how I feel during the process. I know it will not be easy: I can't go to dinners with friends, I can't share a glass of wine with my husband...I can't eat more than 500 calories a day... But what I CAN do is lose weight, and feel better about myself. That is worth it.

So, I took the first step and bought the drops. I've read about 100 pages of material saying you CAN do this, and you CAN'T do that or this won't work. Now I have to go purchase a food scale, new oil free make-up, shampoo / conditioner, face wash, and also some organic items like tea, meat, veggies, and vitamins. If I am going to do this, I am going to do this right. :) Ohhhh crap.

Funny addition: I know for a fact that I can be moody when starting / doing "diets" (SORRY HONEY!), so Eric and I came up with a code word that he'll say when I'm "in a mood" to make me laugh, and snap me out of it. :) I won't share the word here...but I am confident that even in the most sour of moods, I will bust a gut laughing with him. He's such a good husband. Thank you for putting up with me and supporting me on this next adventure, Foo. Ha! I love you.

PS - I posted a few weeks ago about writing about my past...I'll sprinkle that in this process as well. It'll be a fun ride. :)

Comments

Popular Posts