The Show and the Weekend with the Band!

The show went AMAZINGLY. Well. I take that back, kind of. My voice was at about 80% because I've been sick, so I could have probably been more sharp, but the band was awesome! The crowd was medium. We were expecting upwards of 500 people, but 190 showed up. USC didn't make too much money and the support was lacking, but it was still an amazing evening. I had great old friends show up, and my family was there! Brian even flew in to film the show! Kim, Brian, Savannah, Owen, Mom and Dad were amazing.

The whole weekend was a lot of fun. We arrived late Wednesday night. Thursday we had breakfast, and then drove around Cave Creek and Scottsdale - then laid by the pool. We went on a walk, and watched a sunset on the roof. Then we had dinner and played music in my backyard by the firepit. So fun! Then we watched Borat and went to sleep. Friday we woke up and had breakfast, sat outside and relaxed, then had lunch. I got my make up done, then we all practiced a bit, and headed to the show. We mingled, had dinner and drinks, hung out in our caboose/trailer, and performed. Band #1 wasn't great. I won't mention their name because it's mean. But the crowd wasn't having it, and they were kind of boring. Okay really boring, and not good players. We were band #2, and then a group named Big Tex and the Blazing Pintos finished...they were offensive, but whatever. USC people took off pretty quickly when they started, but they didn't care...they weren't there to support the Trojans. Then the band and I proceeded to get VERY drunk. Woops. I am not drinking again for a REALLY long time. Today I was hurting, but we all woke up and sat outside, and kept it pretty mellow. My Dad took the boys to In-N-Out as a goodbye meal, then we dropped off Tyler, Ryan and Adam. Now we just finished watching the terrible win by USC...and are watching The Proposal before bed. Tomorrow....off to California for wedding festivities and planning! So excited! I'll post pics of the show in CA. XO Night!

Comments

Popular Posts