Six Hours

That is how long it took me to pack our suitcases for the trip to Arizona and California. Crazy. And I know I will have things to add. But I am SO excited to a) see family b) see friends - we have dinners planned in Paso and LA... c) our ENGAGEMENT party!!! YAY! and d)...we get to do fun wedding stuff, and golf! It'll be a great time!

I went into a studio this week and recorded three songs with Mark Jordan; he is the piano/keyboard player for Bonnie Raitt and Van Morrison. Honestly, it wasn't all I had hoped for. Mark is great, btw, but - I, as the singer, might re-do them...ALSO...Eric has a home studio, is amazing and is helping me with 3 other songs and is sending the tracks to Guillermo in Los Angeles...so I'll have 6 NEW SONGS soon! (They're covers...) The first 3 are older, more melodic songs - picked by a guy who is helping develop me and introduce me to Nashville. The other 3 that I am doing with Eric and G are more contemporary: Stupid Boy (sung by Keith Urban, and written by 3 amazing writers, Dave Berg, Deanna Bryant and Sarah Buxton - LOVE them), Baby Girl by Sugarland (for my parents...haha), and Already Gone by Sugarland (probably...).

Also, Eric just had another audition, and nailed it...he's so motivated...I love it! This is going to be a great year...

Okay friends...HOPEFULLY SEE YOU IN CALI!!! XXOO

Comments

Popular Posts