36 Weeks + Labor Scare + Papaya

Family Effort... Coop and Eric contributed.

HOW FAR ALONG?: 36 Weeks... and a day. But who's counting? 

SLEEP?: I could cry answering this. Sleep is a thing of the past. I nap here and there. That's it, kids. 

BEST MOMENT THIS/LAST WEEK?: Two things stick out:
  1. On Thursday, a day that brought me to tears for not so good reasons, Cooper, on his own, asked if he could pray for me. Then he did. My sweet husband let me take a bath and rubbed my feet. Friends and family have shown love and understanding to my crazy preggo-ness. And I got the most awesome email from a kid's mom at Coop's school, thanking Cooper (and me + Eric) for something he did for her child during school. This boy, y'all. Proud mama, right here. Cooper is the most wonderful boy and I feel so blessed to be his mom. Every day, his kind heart inspires me to be a better person.
  2. We've had a nice long, weekend as a family. Saturday we saw Despicable Me 3, and ran into sweet friends. Sunday we went to church and relaxed. Yesterday, Coop went to school while Eric and I ran errands, got through a few more boxes / suitcases and had a mini getaway to a nice breakfast and the spa - he got a massage and I got a facial. Today we visited the pool and are going to have a BBQ with our best buds. 
Movie with friends. Cutie little Harper and Coops.
Side note, Harper's baby bro will be here any day, too!  

"This is the best my bike has ever looked." 

Reward for being the best. 

Eric's sister had their sixth (yes, sixth) baby. Meet Levi. 
A little 4th of July swimmin.


A little cloudy, but nice.

Fishie needs to get more comfortable in water again, but was so cute.

WORST MOMENT?: Two off the top of my head:

  1. Thursday I just couldn't. Couldn't be an amazing mom. Wife. Employee. Nothing. I had nothing in me. I cried and cried. Pregnancy, y'all. It takes you (and your hormones) to places you don't want to go. 
  2. Saturday night I began to get a weird pain in my right hand and arm. I called the doctor and they think it's nerve pain with skin sensitivity. But that's not the worst. The worst is the contractions. Last night, I had one so bad, I assumed I was in labor. It brought me to tears and I even cried out. We timed the contractions after that, but they were getting more and more mild, so we opted to stay home. I barely slept, but what's new, right?

MOVEMENT?: Yes. She's quite active. 

MISS ANYTHING?:  Feeling like a normal human. Sleeping. Give me all the wine. Sleep. Moving like a normal human. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. 

FOOD CRAVINGS?: Literally nothing. I don't want to eat, ever. I still do, but nothing. 

ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Meat.

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: All the moods. I have them all. Just call me Inside Out

LABOR SIGNS?: Yes.

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: Stretched flat. 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On, but very snug. If I get anymore swollen, I better take them off soon. 

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Both but I will freely admit, I am moody. Sorry babe. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Same as last week, and the week before! 
  • 4th of July with friends... but also sleeping.
  • Continuing unpacking and getting organized - my to do list grows, even though I continually cross things off... and sleeping.
  • Arrival of baby Lyla (and the parents, again)... and sleeping.  
  • Life as a family of 4.
  • and so much more!

Comments

Popular Posts