7 Months with Cooper Nash


This baby boy has brought me so much joy, love, happiness, deliriousness, exhasution, pride, illness, excitement, and so much more these past seven months.  Best of my life.  Life has been hard.  Like, real hard.  But it's been the greatest, too.  I have so much love for Eric and for Cooper, it's insane.  And Cooper, is just...everything to us.  Worth the sleepness nights and illnesses, for sure - haha.  He's our son, and love doesn't seem like a strong enough word...but, I'll say it over and over again...

I LOVE YOU COOPER NASH! 

When he returned to Day Care,
I used my lunch breaks for visits.
Best dates ever.
He's so handsome (even tho I look a mess!).
Let's recap this month with our Little Toot.

Illness:  Oh yes...still.  Worst month by far.  You've seen my previous posts - and if you haven't, here's a quick summary:  Influenza A.  Another ear infection.  Tubes are coming on 4/8.  Little to no sleep (which I know new Mom's say when they get like 5-6 hours of interrupted sleep...but I swear, little to no sleep was had).  All that said...it seems the worst is over.  (Knock on wood, say a prayer, rub Buddha's belly, throw salt over your shoulder...I don't know.  Whatever is good luck!  We'll take it all.

His first smile post-flu.
I am still fighting off whatever I have.  It's relentless.  Eric appears to be back to his wonderful, healthy self.

Family Vacation:  Well, it's official.  We ARE going to Maui and California this summer in August!  I can't wait!  Yes, it's expensive...but we need a break, and it just seemed like the ideal trip for where we are right now.  We're obviously hoping to see as many friends and family members as possible when we're in California - but don't want to waste the majority of our time there in a car, on the congested freeways, stuck in ridiculous traffic that would send even the most calm person over the edge.  Gotta love California.  Perhaps we'll plan a dinner in a central location and invite a bunch of people to say hello and meet the Mini Cooper.  Thoughts?

My Grandmas:  Prayers.  That's all I got for now. 

Visitors:  Eric's folks came, and extended their stay to help with Cooper.  It was awesome to have them here, even though the first week was spent taking care of all of our illnesses, namely Cooper's.  We are excited for their return in July. 

The fam at Edley's BBQ.

With Nana and Papa on Easter.
We also got an amazing visit from a friend named Willie who we haven't seen in ages and we adore.  I hope we see more of her!  :)

Personal:  Half Marathon?  What Half Marathon?  Oh, the one I am supposed to be doing in less than a month?  Yeah.  Eric and I will likely be walking 90% of it.  All of this illness has really brought me and my energy down.  Eric and I also recently quit the gym because it's hard to go anywhere with a little one, but purchased some videos and exercise things for our home.  We have that huge basement...might as well use it!  :)  I got a bunch of the Jilliam Michaels DVD's...and man, she's awesome, but ouchie.  So far, I've done Yoga Meltdown and 30 Day Shred.  Tomorrow:  Killer Abs. ;)

Eric and I shared our 3rd wedding anniversary on March 20th.  We had an awesome dinner at Peter's Sushi, and instead of going to grab a drink or dessert somewhere else, we rushed home to spend time with our boy, and Eric's parents.  Eric's folks spoiled us with 6 bottles of Paso Robles wine, and my parents sent a lovely check to help pay for the backsplash (or whatever we want) in the kitchen.  The backsplash is GLASS and that is the traditional 3rd year anniversary gift. ;)  They're so clever.  Eric and I exchanged cards, ate cupcakes, and toasted champagne.  We decided not to do gifts this year since we have so much coming up, but Eric included a lotto ticket in my card.  It said, "I know we said no gifts this year, so I figured I'd get you $260 million instead."  Well...we didn't win, but I laughed for a really long time.  He's so cute and creative.  I'd choose him every time. 

Speaking of anniversaries...my parents just shared their 40th year together!  My brother and sister threw a surprise party for them in California.  I wish we could have been there...seemed like such a fun event, celebrating the two best parents in the world!
Cutting the cake...Cute!
Milestones and Memories:  Cooper is such a joy.  When he was sick, we cuddled and cuddled some more.  When he started feeling better, we played and played!  His smile and laugh are...the best things in the world.  Seriously, this kid has me wrapped around his pudgy little fingers. 

Happy boy!
Seriously handsome.  Watch out, ladies!
So photogenic, right?
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. 
He's still rolling over like a champ, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of crawling and he pretty much hates tummy time.  It lasts all of 30 seconds before he starts whimpering / crying.  I am 99% positive that he'll walk before he crawls.  He always wants to stand... 
...And jump.  Oh man, does this baby love to jump - in a jumperoo, or while you're holding him (and let me tell you, that's a GREAT work out for your arms...especially when your baby weighs...TWENTY POUNDS!)  Here he is in the jumperoo at Day Care...Daddy loves this one.


He has been enjoying playing with the pugs.  We're working on petting, and not yanking - but he's fascinated with and loves them.  Watch (and listen to) this ridiculously cute video.  Melt.


He still loves to make the raspberry (or as Gigi says, motorboatin') noise, which cracks me up every time. 

Since he had the flu where he needed to be held, loved, comforted, rocked, etc...he hasn't been a stellar sleeper.  Okay, he hasn't been a sleeper, at all.  We're working on getting back to normal.  Normal being waking up once or twice to feed (we are weaning though) / reinsert the paci.  

I am happy to report that his appetite has returned...full force!   Our little chunk eats 7.5 ounces a feeding, and sometimes I really feel he could do like 8-10.  He also gets 1-2 bowls of stage 1 and 2 foods mixed with formula and either oatmeal or rice cereal twice a day.  I mean.  He's a hungry boy! 

He was out of day care for a while because of illness and because Gigi, and Nana and Papa were watching him...so when I dropped him back off - the separation anxiety kicked back in.  He cries and reaches for me every time I leave...it's heartbreaking.  I miss him so much.    
Baby boy and Daddy are sure loving each other...I could watch them all day.  It really is something special to witness.  I am one blessed lady.  Look at the love...
Daddy came home from golf ready to play!
Handsome boys.
"We all" decided to get up SUPER early
before work on Tuesday...It was actually
a nice morning with my 2 favorite boys!
Cooper is obsessed with golf.
Watching it, and soon to be playing.
Obviously, that makes Daddy proud and
VERY happy.
My All-Stars.  I love this one.
We had a lovely Easter with the Kambestad's - watched movies, relaxed, and Eric and I cooked.  It was a perfect way to end the K's (extended) visit with us.  Thank you to the K's for our baskets, to Yai and Tina for Cooper's goodies and to my parents for Cooper's new Baby Einstein dvd, and our Starbucks gift card!  Yeah...we'll use that.  We'll use that real good.  :)
So cute - with his laughing Duckie.
Thank you Yai & Tina for my Easter Basket!
Happy Easter, y'all.
Here's some cuteness to end this post, and hopefully make you smile!

Bath time mohawk!
I love this one...look at that face!
Will Spring ever come?  More snow.
And a cute baby.
Cooper had his FIRST EVER school picture on Wednesday...
this is one of the outfits I packed for him! 
I can't wait to see them - even though he cried the whole time, apparently!
XOXO,
Mama KK

Comments

Popular Posts