Our Holidays at "Home"

We were soooooo ready and so excited to go "home" for the Holidays. We were gone from the 22nd - 1st, and we were so tempted to stay. ;)

We flew into PHX on the 22nd, and had a great, relaxing time in Arizona with my Mom, Dad and brother. But before our arrival, we had an adventure on the plane with the 2 pugs.



Well, really...just the one.



Banjo is usually a GREAT, silent flyer. We had gotten her a new toy, and we thought she was just playing with it....turns out, as we are taking off, she dug her way out of her travel kennel and escaped into the aisle. She ran around the flight attendants feet, and then back up the aisle. The passengers had to get her back to us, because we couldn't get up - 1. Eric was the window seat, and I was the middle. The aisle was a really old lady, and she wasn't going anywhere. 2. We were still ascending, so you aren't allowed to get up. Chaos. I gave the flight attendants a few cupcakes to make up for it. Anyway, we made it in one piece, but it was hilarious. The boys golfed the day after we arrived, while my mom and I went shopping. We met for dinner at the Country Club, and had a GREAT time. Love the 'stash bro.





The next day, we hiked the McDowell Mountains on the Saddleback Loop. Ugly, right? ;)



We did Christmas Eve at my parents church, and then had a delish dinner at Carefree Station.



We had Christmas with my folks and brother in Arizona, which was lovely.



The next day, mom and I worked out and shopped, while the guys golfed and then we headed to California.

We stayed in my parents house in Corona the first night because it got too late. The next day we went to Huntington Beach because my hairdresser there is by far and away the best. It was really fun! Then we went to lunch with Savannah, Owen and my parents - and visited my Grandma Eloise. She looked wonderful.



Following that, we went to Julianne and Michael's house in Anaheim to give them a Baby Shower gift and to let the pugs play - they have 2, and so do we! Chloe, Maggie, Banjo and Ukulele had a great time together, and Michael and Julianne LOVED their gift. Michael is a huge Tennessee Titans fan, and SOTL recently did a commercial shoot with Chris Johnson and Cortland Finnegan. I asked my boss if he could get an autograph for them, but he did even better and got an official Titans football autographed by the two of them. They were surprised and very grateful. I'm not sure if the ball will make it to Baby Noah's room - Michael may keep it. ;) After that, we did second Christmas and had dinner at my sisters house. It was SO much fun to be with my whole family. I adore them.



Savannah even rocked the drums for us a little bit.



The next day, we went in the spa at my parents house - and then went to Kim and Brian's to hang out with the family a little bit more. Savannah and I got to sing karaoke together, which was awesome.



Then, we all headed to Los Angeles to meet Eric's parents, and Chayna even joined for dinner at The Stinking Rose. Dinner was AWESOME. A table full of family, laughter and garlicy food = perfection.







After dinner, I had a teary goodbye with everyone, and we hopped in Eric's parents car, and headed to Paso Robles. We made it by like 12:30 so went straight to bed.



The next morning, we went for a run in the gorgeous countryside, and then got to hang out with his folks, and his sister and her adorable family! It was so relaxing, and so much fun!





We also ran a few errands around town, and enjoyed Paso. We had dinner with the family at home, and their friends the Peak's joined us, which was lovely. Sarah Peak is almost due! She looked as darling as ever. :) The next day was another day of relaxing, running and a few errands. Eric and I went to San Luis, Atascadero and Paso. It was so peaceful, and so much fun. Then home for dinner and a movie with the fam.





The next day was New Years Eve, and the Eastman's took off. Eric, Rick and Noah (Eric's best friend and the best man of our wedding) went golfing while Alberta and I had brunch. We met the guys, and went to see Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol.



After that, we went home to check on the puppies, and then out to dinner to McPhee's which was so delish. After dinner, we went back to Eric's folks house and played games. We played dominos and a few games on the Wii - then Eric and Noah played pool. It got late, and Eric and I still hadn't packed, so Noah left just before midnight.



We packed, and went to bed, hoping for an awesome 2012!

We drove to LAX in the morning, had a quick lunch, and took off to return to Nashville. I miss California already. I do not, however, miss LAX. ;)

We had, and still have a few questions that we're praying about, and talking about...and we hope 2012 is "our" year to figure it all out!

Happy 2012, y'all.

Comments

Popular Posts