Goodbye August, Hello September

No offense to my lovely sister, and anyone else I love who has birthdays or important dates in August...but August 2010 - YOU SUCKED!

1. Sad loss. My best friend since 7th grade, the lovely Britany Simon (formerly Barker) lost her mother Patti to stomach cancer.


2. Family sicknesses. My Uncle Ersin and Grandma Jeanne have been hospitalized. I pray for their health. My Dad hurt his knee again, and had some pre-cancerous cells removed from his skin.

3. Banjo.

The cutest dog on the planet broke her foot while jumping and playing with Eric. I was in the shower and heard Banjo screaming. It was unlike anything I'd ever heard. I ran out and grabbed her, as she was running away from Eric and me because she was scared and hurt...and looked at her foot. It was hanging off... So I got dressed, and we sped to the emergency room, since our vet was gone for the day. She was very brave, and VERY expensive. She's been in a cast, and off of her foot as much as possible for 4 weeks now, and has 2-3 to go.

4. My Jetta. I was in a car accident and my car was totaled. I got a decent amount of money for it, but the Jetta was paid off, and cute. Buying a car is never easy, and it sure ain't cheap.


5. Our old "friends" - and yes I use the term "friends" lightly...are no longer in our lives - which was hard at the time, but Eric and I could not be happier about that now! :)

So August...Forget ya! Moving on to the HAPPY TIMES of SEPTEMBER!

1. Eric. I love him. That's all. I loved him in August, too, HAHA - he was great. Helped me through all of the drama. I just wanted to put him as happy item #1...because he truly is my #1.


2. Banjo - will be cast free by the end of the month, and hopefully not limping so she can walk and play like a 8 month old puppy should!

3. School of the Legends, where I work, launch its website on 9/9/10. We went to New Orleans for the NFL opening game, and had a successful launch tailgate kickoff! Very excited to see where this is going!
RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SUPERDOME
ERIC, JIM, JEFF, GARY, DAVID, KEVIN CARTER, RAY AND WES
THE LADIES - TERESA, ME, ASHLEY AND CASSIE
ERIC, FORMER NFL LEGEND KEVIN CARTER, AND ME
OUR "TOUR" BUS

4. Visitors...we have people comin' to visit! Might not be in September...but they're coming.

5. Getting a new car. Kinda cool. Depending on my monthly payments, lol.

6. Using a lil car money on getting rid of debt! Wahoo!

7. Making NEW awesome friends. I love my office friends, and making new friends out and about.

8. Gettin' healthy again - now that launch is over, I have some free time!

And more. more. more! :)

Good things are happening. I love my life. I love my family. I love my husband and my dog. I love that our future is looking brighter and brighter by the minute...Thank you September, for bringing me out of my August gloom. ;)

Love,
Kaitlyn

ps - also a good thing about September...FOOTBALL IS BAAAAAACK! Fight On and GO COLTS!

Comments

Unknown said…
I think the saddest part of your August was the car accident. I know how distressing it is to have a wrecked car. But just be thankful that nothing bad happened to you. Things could’ve been worse, right? Anyway, I’m happy you got the compensation for the damaged car. When you have bad days, look at the brighter side. Just think that better things will come. :) #Cristy Witherspoon

Popular Posts