Updates N' Such...Try to follow, I'm scatterbrained.

WHY BEING 26 ROCKS...so far...

1.) I get to marry Foo. In 141 days. Yep! So excited! The plans are coming along SO well! The venue is amazing, the florist is a doll, the DJ is rad, the photographer is a journalistic pro, the cake will be adorable....I mean, it's all amazing. But the best part of it all is...I get to marry Eric, the guy I've always dreamed about, while being surrounded by our family and our friends. It will be the best day of our lives.

2.) I am playing a show in Tempe (and have a few other things up my sleeve) in a few days with an incredible band! Details below... Hopefully that will light a fire, and I'll start playing all over Nashville, writing hits and networking like craaaazy! We shall see. :)

3.) I am going to find a GREAT job. I have my second interview for a fantastic event planning and personal/executive assisting job coming up on Monday. Fingers...and toes...crossed.

4.) My 26th birthday was sweet.



Eric came home from running errands, and said, "I was going to wait until later, but I can't. Look what I got!"..and he gave me my engagement ring. He was so cute...he said, "Put it on!" like he couldn't wait! I hugged him and kissed him for like 5 minutes...then ran around my house, showing my house guests, Guillermo and Nathan, smiling, and checking it in all different kinds of lights, watching it sparkle. Can you tell I was a little excited? Then Eric took me to dinner, and I was surprised to see all of our Nashville buddies at dinner! It was so fun. We ate at Rumba, a satay and rum bar! (Then, I got sick...a cold...not alcohol induced. Haha)





5.) And so much more... I am convinced. 26 will be amazing.

Also, on other news! Eric is done with the Five Times August tour! We made it! Phew.


(Tyler, Kaitlyn, Eric, Brad - FYI, Brad is "Five Times August")
It was tough, but he came home and visited on his days off. So sweet! We made a little island, and pretty much stayed there the whole time. It was heaven. On the tour, he learned a lot, and had some fun...and now knows what accept and expect and what not to next time a tour rolls around. It was a great experience, and he made some great new friends. But we're both stoked he's home. His goal is to be a studio drummer...

Which leads me to...Guillermo is in town (and his buddy Nate just took off, but was here for a while...he's a super nice, cool dude)...and has been for 2.5 weeks! Haha! His band leader (BRADFORD - American Idol reject) wanted to record here, after the band disbanded mid-tour. So Eric was HIRED since the drummer quit! (I won't go into why the band broke up...Ugh. Too long of a story.) Anyway, Eric FRICKEN killed it in the studio today...(which sadly, I could not go to because I was home sick). I saw videos and have heard the tracks. I AM SO PROUD! So proud.

On other news...MY BAND ROCKS...Tyler Unger, Ryan Lafferty, Adam Gardner and Eric! I mean. I am so lucky. They're AMAZING musicians.

Okay...more later. I am TIRED, and want to be READY for our Halloween par-tay tomorrow! I hope I am FULLY recovered by then. XOXOXO, KAIT

Comments

Popular Posts