CRAPPY Halloween turned HAPPY Halloween!

Remaining positive and grateful...(breathe...), last Friday, yes, Halloween, 4 people were laid off from my company, and I was 
(un?) fortunately one of them.  Before I move on, I have to say...NO ONE they chose to lay off deserved it, not even a little.  It was the most ridiculous and unprofessional thing I've ever seen.  For me, it was VERY shocking.  I was just employee of the month, and was recently promoted.  I guess my reward was leaving the company.  Apparently they're losing a LOT of money and clients.  Bummer...For them.  For me...this might be EXACTLY what I needed!  

Eric and I (with some family advice and support) decided to make the move to Nashville even sooner than when we planned.  Originally we were going in January, and I was just telling people that nothing was set in stone (because technically it wasn't).  Because of recent events, we're pushing up the date to the Sunday after Turkey Day.  We're VERY excited to start our lives over there.

So, since my Halloween was kind of ruined...I didn't feel much like partying and dressing up (we were going to go as Jim and Pam from the TV show The Office - "Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam").  Eric was AMAZING and was so supportive and there for me.  He hugged me, and kissed me, and told me to look at the positive things.  I love that man.  We packed a weekend bag and drove to Placentia to spend time with my family at my sister's house.  My parents were in town, and my brother came over too!  We had dinner, relaxed, got Savvy and Owen ready for Trick-or-Treating, and passed out candy with my Dad while chatting.  It was a hard day...but I love that my family was so wonderful.  PS - Savannah was Darth Vader, Owen was R2D2, my sister was Princess Leia (buns and all), Brian was Luke Skywalker, and their little pug dog Potus was Yoda.
All in all, I had a pretty great Halloween.  It will certainly be interesting to see how the next few months pan out...Stay Tuned. 

Comments

Popular Posts