There's No Place Like "Home" - Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, everyone! Things are going very well for us here in FREEZING Nashville. We're going, going...back, back...to Cali, Cali...(and Arizona) for the holidays...and I think it's funny/strange/awesome...whatever...that I still consider my "home" to be where my family is. A person can have more than one "home," right??? :) Anyway... Here is our Christmas Letter that we're sending out this year, followed by some other thoughts/news...Enjoy!

"...I hope that 2010 brought all of you as much joy as it did to us, and that 2011 will be even better!

We started ’10 in NYC where Eric played drums on the CBS Early Show for a band called Five Times August. It was so much fun to see him doing what he loves on National TV! Shortly after 2010 began, we drove 2,000 miles to Arizona and California where we finalized wedding plans, and got to see all of our amazing friends and family! Finally, March 20th rolled around and I had the pleasure of marrying my best friend. The day was the happiest of my life. Thank you to Eric’s folks for the gorgeous Rehearsal Dinner and the incredible honeymoon in Playa del Carmen – It was heaven. And thank you to my parents for our dream wedding. We cannot thank you enough for all that you did for us – it was the best gift we could have ever asked for. During our honeymoon, we decided to check our email and were surprised with yet another incredible wedding gift from my parents: Banjo, our pug puppy!

After we made our way back to Nashville, I got an incredible job! I am the Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO and Travel / Event Coordinator at a new company called School of the Legends, based in Brentwood, TN. Shortly after I was hired I noticed there was a need for more technology support. Since Eric a) loves football and b) is currently obtaining his degree in Information Systems at the University of Phoenix, I thought I would turn in his resume. Eric is now a Developer at School of the Legends, and loves his job! The company is an officially licensed partner of the NFL Players, and we’ve gotten to meet some of the NFL’s greatest Legends like Kevin Carter, (USC’s own) Joe McKnight, Kevin Mawae, Darren Sharper, Tony Gonzalez, and many more! Check it out at SCHOOL OF THE LEGENDS.

Eric and I are still pursuing and enjoying music as well. He plays in town for local artists and for me as well. We played on a local radio station and had a live show (viewable on the internet) in July, which was a blast!

Banjo has been an interesting and awesome gift. Shortly after we brought her home, she was playing with Eric, and landed hard on her back foot – which broke in four places. She was in a cast for over 10 weeks but was such a trooper, and is now happy and healthy! Eric and I are learning a lot, and we couldn’t love her any more than we do! She’s so much fun!

My family is doing very well! My Mom and Dad took a trip to Europe recently, and though the weather was anything but kind, they had an incredible vacation! Kim, Brian, Savannah, Owen and Potus Tweedt are all doing well. Savannah is 5 now, which is crazy, and Owen is almost 3! Ryan has come to visit us three times since we moved here, and we love having him! Eric’s family is also doing well! His folks came and visited us after the wedding, and they continue to travel to Orange County to see Erica and her little family often, too! Which leads me to – Erica is having another baby! That will make 3 kiddos, a dog, some fish, and chickens!

Be sure to fill us in on what is new with all of you!

Love and Blessings,
The Kambestad Family – Eric, Kaitlyn and Banjo..."


That's the letter...now on to more recent news...it snowed here the other day and it was absolutely GORGEOUS! It sparkled, and was so white - like a movie. Banjo had mixed feelings about the snow. She would frolic and love the snow, and try and eat the falling flakes, and then she would freeze, and try to avoid any large amount of snow. It was hilarious.

Eric and I are flying into Phoenix on Christmas Eve and spending a few days with my parents and brother. We're hoping Banjo will be able to make the trip with us. We think it would be so funny to see Hapa, Belle and Banjo (and Potus in CA) playing together... The only issue is, pugs have a difficult enough time breathing, so checking her underneath the plane isn't an option - and in order to be a carry on, the dog and the carrier have to weigh less than 20 lbs. While Banjo is a VERY thin dog, she is tall and long. She's like 20.6 lbs on her own, last time we checked. We're kind of banking on getting a REALLY NICE person at American Airlines... I mean, after all, it will be Christmas Eve at 5:00 AM. Yikes. Anyway, after Phoenix, we're driving with the fam to California to see all of our other family members, and as many friends as we can squeeze in the very limited time we have there. We'll be in California until the morning of the 31st...then drive back to AZ, and depart back to Nashville on the 1st. It's going to be such a blast, and it's been forever since we've been home! We can't wait!

When we land, Eric and I will be packing like crazy, because...we're moving again! We're pre-packing now, but you know you can never be as organized as you hope...so we're praying that our move goes smoothly. Our buddy Wes is renting us his townhouse that is very close to work. It's much bigger than our current place, and much nicer. We're very excited...so message me for our new address! :)

Prayers are needed for so many this time of year...including my Uncle, and some friends. I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. :)

I think that's all for now...but I hope that you have a happy, healthy Christmas - and a fabulous New Year!

KAITLYN
XXOO

Comments

Popular Posts